PSP-100X wont boot on mains

Pixian

I bought a used PSP (and obviously checked that it worked) and I went to use it while charging and I noticed it wouldn't boot while the charger was plugged in, the backlight would turn on then back off, and the led would go from red to green and back to red.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it. I'd really appreciate any kind of help

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."

That's really odd.   I own over 40 different model psp and have never encountered this issue.    I would check that the port itself isn't bad.    I have noticed that you will get play in the port and have to almost wiggle it to get good contact for charging.      It could also be that the psp is defaulting to that source instead of the battery and seeing as it is bad and not making contact it shuts down.    You can get a replacement and put a new port in.   They come on their own separate daughter board.

Also install pro cfw on it and enjoy all the homebrew that came out for it.     There's a ton of stuff for that system.    A good place to learn would be at wololo.net, or psxplace.com.   I'm a moderator at psxplace.   Come join us!

17 minutes ago, nCadeRegal said:

Also install pro cfw on it and enjoy all the homebrew that came out for it.     There's a ton of stuff for that system.    A good place to learn would be at wololo.net, or psxplace.com.   I'm a moderator at psxplace.   Come join us!

I already installed CFW on it, I use LME 

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."