Cheap replacement tab for tab A 7.0 2016

jaslion

I'm looking for a not bad replacement tablet that will last 5+ years just like this tab A has. Been looking around a bit and spec wise they haven't really gotten much better in the low end and I haven't really found any hidden gems so to say.

The reasn the tab a has to be replaced is that it's just done fore still works but is terribly slow and just struggles.

Main usecases are:

Connect to chromecast

Googling

Be a recipe book

Watch content on it

Be a audio hub

Reading books

It doesn't have to be anything special and I've tried 2 tablets thus far but both have been returned. It was the lenovo tab m8 and the samsung a7 lite. Both just weren't much faster than the old tab a which was surprising and disappointing.

The only requirements are:

Cheap as possible (under 200)

Around 7-8 inches

Ok battery life

Expandable storage or big on board storage

Be ok for 5 years

Anyone got some suggestions?

for under 200 you have pretty high expectations

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

4 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

for under 200 you have pretty high expectations

I mean the tab a was 117 brand new and it was pretty good to use so I don't feel like my expectations are unjust. Also any suggestions or...?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 8:10 AM, jaslion said:

I mean the tab a was 117 brand new and it was pretty good to use so I don't feel like my expectations are unjust. Also any suggestions or...?

I don't know much about tablets but i recently picked up a Fire HD 10 (2021) from amazon for $200 CAD, Immediately modified it with Fire Toolbox removing all the safe to remove amazon bloat, disabling lockscreen ads, installing the google services to run Google Play Store, gmail ect ect. then finally changing to a different android launcher for a more standard android experience and disabling the garbage amazon one. all took probably less then 30 mins and its been a pretty good experience for me so far.

Battery Life stated is 12hrs but that will vary with different types of usage, its seems to be fairly decent better then my phone that's fore sure.  Has SD card expansion, headphone jack. and optional BT keyboard case.  Honestly for what I use it for it doesn't seem any slower then my phone, if anything its better with a nice big screen that very clear.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump