Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm really out of my depth here

My pc is having random restarts from time to time. well, daily. no BSOD, just straight up restart. when i check the events logger this is the one i got:

WHEA-Logger

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

and this

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 6

The details view of this entry contains further information.

i did everything i know, but still keeps. happening.

from what i observe, it doesnt happen when i game or use the pc heavily. it checks out Cinebench on 30 in cotinuos or even Prime95. but when it is idle, thats when it happens. or even browsing or watching a movie. i really dont get it.

here are my setup/settings

5900x

x570 aorus master

gskill tridentz 4x8 @4000mhz Fabric@2000

Asus dual OC 3070

NVME 980 pro 1tb / sabrent 1tb

2hdds

lian li 011 dynamic with 9 more fans (sl120s)

dual monitor

auto OC via amd master but with bios settings

PPT 195

TDC 125

EDC 150

+200

Curve Optimizer Negative 20 on all cores.

my temps are pretty good right now so im really at a loss what is my problem.

thank you

.. Maybe, defective unit? Perhaps ask directly to AMD and probably ask for RMA?

Dunno if it works, but reinstall Windows can be a quick-fix if you're at loss. 

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2

ASRock B75M

Team Group 2x4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz

480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD

be quiet! System Power 9 500W

Cooler Master T20

Samsung S19D300

Fantech X7 Knight

VortexSeries VX7 Pro

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage 

64GB SanDisk Ultra (80MB/s Read) External Storage

Resurrection Remix Custom ROM

Aukey Turbo Charger PA-U28 QC2.0 + Aukey CB-CD4 PVC Type-C Cable

Audio

Some random home-theater speakers I took freely from someplace and big-ass bass with old computer speaker amplifier. It sounds good af tho.

dbE DJ100 Headphone

Rock Space Obsidian Earphone

(all hail kere hore audio hahah)

have you got essential work on the device ? If not, reinstall the os and look at the result

Have you tried rolling back OC settings to see if standard operation works

Maybe one of the OC settings is just a little too far

Although is weird that happens at idle rather than at load.

I would revert OC settings first and test, then OS install and test, then vendor RMA if needed.

Assuming you have reseated all components & connectors just to make sure...?

Wanderer of the Internet.  Gamer of Games   Father of three

Relearning self-building, so please excuse the n00b questions for a while...

Clear CMOS and run at default specs to see if the system still crashes. This could be a bad overclock on the CPU that is causing the crashing. Is the BIOS updated to the latest non-Beta BIOS? 

What make, model, wattage, is your PSU? How long have you had it? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Clear CMOS and run at default specs to see if the system still crashes. This could be a bad overclock on the CPU that is causing the crashing. Is the BIOS updated to the latest non-Beta BIOS? 

What make, model, wattage, is your PSU? How long have you had it? 

i already did it the windows reinstall. then did it while at stock.. im thinking maybe the 4000mhz ram and 2000mhz infi is the culprit. but cant know for sure. memtest perhaps?

Just now, Rey Christopher Torres said:

i already did it the windows reinstall. then did it while at stock.. im thinking maybe the 4000mhz ram and 2000mhz infi is the culprit. but cant know for sure. memtest perhaps?

im using a 750w silverstone. think that might be it? should i go higher  ?

is there any benefit to run my 4000mhz kit to 3600? i really dont have any idea

my OC with my 5900x is very modest. and technically it is for undervolting so im pretty sure its not the oc? i did it for lower temps. which is the case right now...

18 minutes ago, Rey Christopher Torres said:

You can try memtest just to rule out this being a memory issue. It's worth a shot. 

16 minutes ago, Rey Christopher Torres said:

im using a 750w silverstone. think that might be it? should i go higher  ?

is there any benefit to run my 4000mhz kit to 3600? i really dont have any idea

my OC with my 5900x is very modest. and technically it is for undervolting so im pretty sure its not the oc? i did it for lower temps. which is the case right now...

What model of a Silverstone is your PSU? Not all companies produce great units all around. You can try turning down the frequency to 3600 to see if your 5900X's integrated memory controller is the issue. Ryzen 5000 series had a sweet spot for 3600MHz. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

i thought the problem sovled itself, but after gaming for 2 hours (APEX/PUBG), then did some R23,  i watched some youtube vids, then about 30 min in, it restarted again. no BSOD.

so right now, i ran everything at stock. (load optimized defaults via BIOS).

i checked the events logger, no WHEA-Logger error or notif since the restart. does that point to the XMP profile and/or OC?

i think i did it. still no errors on prime95/memtest.

but i put all my settings back one by one. but once i put on xmp profile (as by manufacturer) to 4000mhz, regardless of my Fabric, the WHEA errors pop out.

so i change the multiplier to 36 (3600) then run the fabric at 1800 for 1:1, error disappeared. i put the OC again, and still no error.

i hope this is  it. thanks !