Need Help Deciding on a Sound System

A friend of mine who is preparing a small business store asked me for an advice, and I'm asking you, the community, for help.In short, He wants 8 speakers which are easy to use and permanently connected to power. He is planning to use them mostly for ambient soundscapes (nature and birds.) His budget is $800 US. Also, he wants the option to add more in the future. What do you you recommend. 

I'd really appreciate if you could help. 

So a generic amp with enough power + some passive speakers that go where they need to be? That would be a simple easy solution.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

So a generic amp with enough power + some passive speakers that go where they need to be? That would be a simple easy solution.

Thanks. Any easy to set up brands in particular? 

13 minutes ago, Sal C. said:

Thanks. Any easy to set up brands in particular? 

Buy by product NEVER by brand. But basically any half decent amp will work. Since passive speakers just have a positive and negative wire coming from them that is all you need to stick into the amp (this is speaker wire so you can cut, add, change,... do whatever you wish with it just make sure you don't accidentally cause the ends to touch of different cables).

I usually just go to the used goods store and score a damn good amp for under 100€ often multiple sets of same speakers there for like 10€ a pair too. But that is all up to you.

What you need to be careful about is that your amp of choice is good enough for the amount of speakers you are going to run. So it's never a bad idea to overshoot the total wattage for speakers at 100% output.