which processor should i get for my new pc

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

How about asus z87 A motherboard?

yup its a good board

I want to build a gaming pc from scratch and according to my budget i can use either i5 4670k or amd fx 8350....so which one should i get and why??

4670k personally, not many games use more than 4 cores yet and the ones that use less than 4, you'll need strong single threaded performance. I recommend 4670k

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

If your not on a super tight budget and just gaming get the 4670K.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If you got the budget yes Intel

otherwise AMD

but seriously you can't go wrong with Intel chips just don't pick the wrong board if you are using the i5 4670k

you will need the cheapest Z87 board to match that CPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

No worries regarding motherboard actually my main focus is to get r9 290 and that is causing budget problems

4670K or E3-1230v3 depending on if you plan to go SLI/Crossfire or Overclock

if you can afford it, buy the 4670k. The 8350 is a good cpu but its based on an aging architecture. The 4670 k also performs a bit better

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Okay so keeping in mind the single core performance and aging architecture of amd i will go with 4670k.....now another question arises.....for oc cpu do i need to get rog mobos for best results??

Okay so keeping in mind the single core performance and aging architecture of amd i will go with 4670k.....now another question arises.....for oc cpu do i need to get rog mobos for best results??

nope you are paying more for features you don't need

go for the cheapest possible Z87 chipset mobo

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

gosh no especially for a mid range proc like that. ROG boards are meant for OCing mainly even though its their "gaming" branding. Depending on what you all want I think the Gryphon Z87 is a good board for the price and probably wouldnt go over that but would have no problem getting a lesser board to a extent.

nope you are paying more for features you don't need

go for the cheapest possible Z87 chipset mobo

I wouldnt say do that. Buy the ones that has all the features you want from a trusted brand. Like I choose ASUS many times because their fan control hast been matched by anyone yet.

if you do want a gaming grade mobo

go for this

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87g43gaming

if you do want a gaming grade mobo

go for this

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87g43gaming

Im not particularly happy with MSI boards myself. I dont like how their BIOS is layed out and havnt had any good experiences with their UEFI/EFI. Also on the boards ive used you only had any real control over the CPU fan.

maybe coz I am already used to how the UEFI works so I can breeze thur to change the settings

while fan control isn't not on the fantastic side

the main idea is to do OC for the RAM and CPU

my desktop is using MSI board and they are still going strong

Asus boards are great if you have the money, mid range I say its MSI followed by AsRock for low budget

How about asus z87 A motherboard?

yup its a good board

So asus z87 A mobo and i5 4670k.....thread closed....xD

get the cheapest z87 mobo you can find, period.