Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What games could I try?

This may come as awkward a bit but I'm not sure what games to try anymore. Battlefield and Call of Duty got way to repetitive, imho being the same game just looking different with some improved mechanics, GTA V has outlived itself at this point imo. Right now playing CSGO and GTA SA.

 

Looking to try something from FPS, racing, strategic or third person (similar to GTA and Watch_Dogs) games.

 

PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RTX 2060

RAM: 8x2 DDR4 3200mhz

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H V2

Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh

PSU: Cooler Master 700w

Just added this so in case I run into some issues, there's detail about my PC right underneath

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 8x2 DDR4 3200mhz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H V2 Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh | Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | PSU: Cooler Master 700w

Link to post
Share on other sites

there's very little you can't run pretty damned well on there, go check some reviews and see?

Hit up isthereanydeal.com and peep the good sales?

 

humblebundle.com and see if you can grab a good bundle for dirt cheap?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

60c724a052275a049d857d53957dc38e9347742f

 Finitude is what the two clock hands indicate as they point towards my cruel destiny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forza and Need 4 Speed games?

 

From what I hear, CyberPunk 2077 is really good now after the patching.

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Corsair Virtuoso SE - Logitech G910, G502 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 24" 

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

 

Other Tech - 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frog Fighters

It's free, there's no reason not to

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:
1. There must be a 17 in your signature somewhere.

2. No pictures under any circumstances, ever ever.

aHR0cHM6Ly9kcml2ZS5nb29nbGUuY29tL2ZpbGUvZC8xOWZWOVNidFp1d2FLUVUxaUY5bjg3MjVHelcxd2x2SWkvdmlldz91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I do not know how to interpret social interaction.

Send help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed Control. The setting and atmosphere of the game are excellent. The characters aren't especially well written (except for Ahti the Janitor, who's awesome, and Langston, who's a great comic relief) but the lore is impressively well done. If you've ever enjoyed any SCP stuff, you'll love reading about and interacting with the Altered Items in the game.

 

The game should run well on your RTX 2060 thanks to DLSS, which looks really good in Control. You can also try out the raytracing, which is also very well implemented. It's up to you whether the hit to the framerate is acceptable, but for a story-driven game like that, I think the visual upgrade is worth it. I use medium RT on my 2060 Super and still get 60fps+ at 1440p with the highest quality DLSS setting. You could likely do the same if you play at 1080p or if you set the DLSS render resolution lower.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tkitch said:

there's very little you can't run pretty damned well on there, go check some reviews and see?

Hit up isthereanydeal.com and peep the good sales?

 

humblebundle.com and see if you can grab a good bundle for dirt cheap?

 

youre kidding right? on a 2060 he can run any game at 1080p with good graphics at 60fps with absolutely ZERO issues

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dishonored series is fun, different FPS. Dishonored 2 let's you choose between two characters with two different lists of powers. And you can do fun achievements like no-kill runs.

 

Borderlands series is another fun FPS series that is more silly than serious. BL3 is most modern but you may want to play at least BL2 first.

 

The Division 2 was very fun for me. I never played the first but it didn't matter.

 

Cyberpunk has good story, as does Witcher 3. I also enjoy the pretty atmosphere of the latest Tomb Raider series.

5600x/6700xt

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, b1bs said:

youre kidding right? on a 2060 he can run any game at 1080p with good graphics at 60fps with absolutely ZERO issues

go reread what I said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bum simulator ($16.19)

Rainbow six siege ($10 or less) 

Apex legends (free)

Dead by daylight ($20 or less) 

 

I play these games daily. If you want something you can sink some time into the assassin's Creed games are always on sale or you can do the Ubisoft monthly sub to try out a bunch of stuff

 

 

 

 

 

CPU:  Intel i7 11700f

Mobo: Msi Z490 Unify

Cooler: Corsair h115i capellix 280mm

Fans:  5 Corsair ML140 RGB Pro

GPU:  Evga Rtx 3070 XC3 Ultra 

Ram: Corsair RGB Pro 32gb 3600mhz 

Case: Be quiet 500DX

PSU: Corsair rmx750

Storage: 1tb WD Blue NVME, 500gb WD Blue Nvme,, 1tb WD Blue HDD

Display: Msi Mag301RF, 29.5 ips, 200hz, 2560x1080 ultrawide

Mouse: Glorious model D glossy 

Keyboard: Glorious Gmmk compact, Silver speed switches and Glorious aura keycaps

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your recommendations! Gonna look into them 😁

10 hours ago, tkitch said:

there's very little you can't run pretty damned well on there, go check some reviews and see?

Hit up isthereanydeal.com and peep the good sales?

 

humblebundle.com and see if you can grab a good bundle for dirt cheap?

 

 

3 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Bum simulator ($16.19)

Rainbow six siege ($10 or less) 

Apex legends (free)

Dead by daylight ($20 or less) 

 

I play these games daily. If you want something you can sink some time into the assassin's Creed games are always on sale or you can do the Ubisoft monthly sub to try out a bunch of stuff

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 hours ago, varrys said:

The Dishonored series is fun, different FPS. Dishonored 2 let's you choose between two characters with two different lists of powers. And you can do fun achievements like no-kill runs.

 

Borderlands series is another fun FPS series that is more silly than serious. BL3 is most modern but you may want to play at least BL2 first.

 

The Division 2 was very fun for me. I never played the first but it didn't matter.

 

Cyberpunk has good story, as does Witcher 3. I also enjoy the pretty atmosphere of the latest Tomb Raider series.

 

9 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

I really enjoyed Control. The setting and atmosphere of the game are excellent. The characters aren't especially well written (except for Ahti the Janitor, who's awesome, and Langston, who's a great comic relief) but the lore is impressively well done. If you've ever enjoyed any SCP stuff, you'll love reading about and interacting with the Altered Items in the game.

 

The game should run well on your RTX 2060 thanks to DLSS, which looks really good in Control. You can also try out the raytracing, which is also very well implemented. It's up to you whether the hit to the framerate is acceptable, but for a story-driven game like that, I think the visual upgrade is worth it. I use medium RT on my 2060 Super and still get 60fps+ at 1440p with the highest quality DLSS setting. You could likely do the same if you play at 1080p or if you set the DLSS render resolution lower.

 

10 hours ago, Dedayog said:

Forza and Need 4 Speed games?

 

From what I hear, CyberPunk 2077 is really good now after the patching.

 

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

60c724a052275a049d857d53957dc38e9347742f

 

Just added this so in case I run into some issues, there's detail about my PC right underneath

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 8x2 DDR4 3200mhz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H V2 Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh | Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | PSU: Cooler Master 700w

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints Row 3 Remaster is still free today on Epic. Grab it and check it out.

Apart from that maybe MORDHAU or Chivalry to switch up that FPS a little bit?

Forza, Fallen Order?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to recommend you some of my most liked games currently running on my GTX 1050Ti / Ryzen 5 1600.

FPS (multiplayer / co-op): Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2

FPS (singleplayer): Black Mesa (Half Life 1 remastered), Half Life 2 (Also episode 1 and 2), Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Portal 2, Portal Stories: Mel.

Thirdperson (singleplayer / co-op)Watch Dogs 2, Saints Row 2 (3 and 4)

Strategic: Spore, Faster Than Light, Sid Meier's Civilization V (and VI).

 

Games I didn't bother to sort: Garry's Mod, Grand Theft Auto 4, Halo - The Master Chief Collection (very fun with friends I'd assume), Terraria, Subnautica, Subnautica: Below Zero, War Thunder.

 

Mentions: Since I assume you've got GTA V, you could try playing on FiveM.

                  Portal 2 has separate singleplayer campaign and co-op campaign.

                  Most of the games above I've got installed and played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommending two games that I enjoyed a lot. And I'll highlight a few interesting/fun things to them.  Performance should be no issue for you.

 

 

Bulletstorm [First Person] Single Player

+ Leash mechanic from your hand, that you get to fling things/enemies into other things(explosives/cactus to kill them/shoot or kick em).

+ combos/techniques/headshots,  text announcing the wacky and funny stuff you're doing while fighting. (not sure if you can turn that off,  if you don't like it)  <- check a review

 

= story is passable. It gets you to one location from another, to give variety in gameplay. 

 

- it is shorter game.  I don't really think it has replay value.  Using the leash during my playthrough was fun, and was not getting bored of it.  Once I beat it though,  no desire to replay.  Even though I miss using the leash mechanic. 

 

So the value is subjective,

 

I first owned it on GFWL(games for windows live), no idea what I paid for it, but I lost the account info?, so there is a sunk cost there.

I finally finished it 2013/14, bought a cd for $8.

It is only on Steam I think. A remaster version, which I have not played.  $15-$20 sale,  should be a no-brainer.  If the price is higher, that ain't bad either if you really think the game fills your need for fun and what you want. 

(on steamdb,  it says the game has been down to $4 USD on sale)   

 

 

 

Dragons Dogma [Third Person] Single Player

+ medieval setting with magic, dragons, giant beasts

+ Party size is 4 characters.  One is you, and one other is a permanent partner(pawn) that you design.  The other 2 can be generic NPCs recruited at your same level.  Or you can search for other people's created partner(pawn), and invite to your party!  Again single player, but this simple online integration is neat.

(I've seen a character who looks like Marvel's Thor. All you need to do is create a Loki,  and hope you can find other player created stuff.  Now you got your own MCU, while you battle goblins and dragons. Better looking equipment/costume pieces, mostly are later game)

 

= story is meh, it has some replayability, also endgame dungeon(can visit early game, NOT recommended 😛 ),  which is way, way tougher than the story endboss could ever be.  The endgame dungeon,  will require you to farm certain enemies/bosses to get certain drops to upgrade/craft weps.  Some people dislike this grind, so that content can mean nothing.

= Because terms/expectations change over the years.  The world size is okay, decent sized.  I would've liked it bigger. More cities would be great!(but I've read that there were budget issues during development..)

 

- downsides is the npc menus/gui which shows its console roots.  Like having to click 5 times in some places, when it should only take 1 or 2 to exit a menu...

- some reviews say it is dull, boring, too easy.  I don't really agree.  I think the issue is the original game on console, later released with dlc and the endgame dungeon.  And that the PC Steam version has everything in one package(good for the consumer). But you get access to DLC items in storage that hold up to midgame, and skew the early experience.  There are also items in storage that help with quality of life during gameplay.  Tricky to navigate items which you should withdraw, without a FAQ or help.

 

= difficulty? hmm?  throw your perm partner off a cliff and don't revive.  Don't hire any NPCs to fill your party.  Run it solo, and I think there is 1 skill which benefits you if alone.

 

Value,  the game goes on sale for $10 during the bigger Steam sales season.  You'll get 3-4 chances to pick it up during the year. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you consider playing MMOs? I think the newest game "New World" is a great choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could get halo mcc. Which includes halo reach, halo ce/ anniversary, halo 2/ halo 2 anniversary, halo 3 odst, and halo 4. 

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)

Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be mostly single player games:

 

Tomb Raider (2012) *

Rise Of The Tomb Raider *

Tomb Raider Anniversary 

Resident Evil Remake HD **

Resident Evil 2 Remake ** 

Resident Evil 3 Remake **

Monster Hunter World ***

 

*have online modes, but really it's all about the single player, both rather short, but very well made

 

** Well, its old school Resident Evil, you either hate it or love it,  especially the first two are some of the best games ever made imo

 

 

*** can play alone, but its really meant to be played in a group (4 players max) its almost like Resident Evil again (similar combat) but in "mystery ancient times" and this time the monsters are dragons, mystical creatures, or just giant pigs 😆 ... the variety is great and the emphasis on team play is just really fun and a nice diversity from the usual "competitive" stuff.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMD stands for Advanced Micro Machines

-ColdFusion, 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×