New pc build ! need help with cpu issue

Go to solution Solved by Middcore,
4 minutes ago, damefr said:

the i5 9500 says it has a maximum of 4.4 gz how would i unlock that or maximize it.

4.4ghz is the maximum turbo frequency for a single core, which the CPU will boost to on its own, depending on workload. In reality the only time you're likely to actually see any single core hit 4.4ghz would be in a benchmark like the single-thread portion of Cinebench. 

Again, the 9500 is not an unlocked CPU, and you aren't going to have the ability to change the single-core or all-core turbo frequencies. 

Budget (including currency): 1400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: steam games, blackops 3 custom zombies, gta 5 rp, garrys mod, csgo, apex legends etc..

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i have my complete build and im building tomorrow my parts conclude of:

CPU-Intel i5-9500

GPU-EVGA RTX 3060 ($600)

MB- Gigabyte AORUS Z390 PRO WIFI

COOLER- CoolMaster MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 RBG

RAM- samsung DDR4 dual 8gb 16gb total ( not sure exact kind bought from friend)

HHD- Western Digital 1TB

SSD- Samsung (not sure bought from friend) its out of its casing which is odd but he said he did that to make it run faster... 250gb

PSU- EVGA 650 +80 GOLD 

CASE - MUSETEX Mesh ATX Mid-Tower Case 6 ARGB Fans Pre-Installed

Now.. i got the HHD SSD RAM and CPU all from a friend for $250, nothings broken but i am aware that this cpu is totally bottlenecking my GPU, my question is OVERCLOCKING, how dangerous is overclocking and could I and should I overclock, will my cooler be enough, my radiator will be mounted on top as exhaust and the back fan will also be exhaust while the front 3 will be intake creating equal airflow. Im very new to pc building and gaming as i've been playing on my sh*tty mac. And what should be my main focus as upgrades in the future. My motherboard supports 8th/9th gen, which im well aware needs to be upgraded in the future, but anything else. also im quite worried about the ssd out of the casing.

The i5-9500 isn't unlocked. You can't overclock it in any meaningful way. Only Intel chips with a "k" in the model designation support overclocking. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The i5-9500 isn't unlocked. You can't overclock it in any meaningful way. Only Intel chips with a "k" in the model designation support overclocking. 

shit fr ? damn im down bad fr rn 

The only way I see overclocking actually being dangerous is if you have a garbage PSU. If your parts get to hot they will throttle down or turn off to protect themselves. Right now though you only have 8GB of RAM and assuming thats a single stick, thats your major bottle neck. You should have at least 16GB and you need 2 sticks to run in dual channel mode to get the most out of your RAM.

Just now, RAM555789 said:

The only way I see overclocking actually being dangerous is if you have a garbage PSU. If your parts get to hot they will throttle down or turn off to protect themselves. Right now though you only have 8GB of RAM and assuming thats a single stick, thats your major bottle neck. You should have at least 16GB and you need 2 sticks to run in dual channel mode to get the most out of your RAM.

He said he has "dual 8GB," which I interpret as 2x8GB=16GB. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

i meant dual as two 8gb sticks i have 16gb

6 minutes ago, damefr said:

SSD- Samsung (not sure bought from friend) its out of its casing which is odd but he said he did that to make it run faster... 250gb

SSDs will load programs faster and for the most part, won't have a huge impact on most games. Only game I've actually noticed a significant difference was Escape from Tarkov.

the i5 9500 says it has a maximum of 4.4 gz how would i unlock that or maximize it.

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

He said he has "dual 8GB," which I interpret as 2x8GB=16GB. 

Some Samsung sticks use "dual" in their name, hence why I didn't assume.

2 minutes ago, damefr said:

Run games at a higher resolution to work the GPU more than the CPU if your worried about bottlenecking. Honestly the i5 9500 shouldn't have any major issues with the games you listed off.

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Run games at a higher resolution to work the GPU more than the CPU if your worried about bottlenecking. Honestly the i5 9500 shouldn't have any major issues with the games you listed off.

sounds good, i have an series x for all my big games like warzone and what not so i shouldn't be playing any games too demanding but i am still wondering about the ssd being out of the casing, to elaborate it looks little motherboard

4 minutes ago, damefr said:

4.4ghz is the maximum turbo frequency for a single core, which the CPU will boost to on its own, depending on workload. In reality the only time you're likely to actually see any single core hit 4.4ghz would be in a benchmark like the single-thread portion of Cinebench. 

Again, the 9500 is not an unlocked CPU, and you aren't going to have the ability to change the single-core or all-core turbo frequencies. 

1 minute ago, damefr said:

to elaborate it looks little motherboard

Case provides protection from both physical damage and ESD. As long as your grounded when you handle it and you wont be moving it around much it should be fine. Just to be clear your talking about a standard 2.5" drive not an M.2 right? The 2.5" normally come in a casing but the M.2 drvies "look like a motherboard' and are a smaller form factor you'll attach to your motherboard, kind of like an expansion drive.