r9 270x 4gb stil able to mine?

hi, i was wondering if the r9 270x can still mine coins like etc and vertcoin, if so does anyone know what the hashrate will be? 

Yes you could but its not worth it. I tried it with a r9 390x and it was super slow and not worth the power consumption.

53 minutes ago, TeraBitz said:

Yes you could but its not worth it. I tried it with a r9 390x and it was super slow and not worth the power consumption.

power isnt a problem for me, but will it even mine anything?

1 hour ago, Timofn said:

power isnt a problem for me, but will it even mine anything?

No the hashrate is extremely slow it is not worth the time. you would only get $21 USD a Month

30 minutes ago, TeraBitz said:

No the hashrate is extremely slow it is not worth the time. you would only get $21 USD a Month

can you tell me the hashrate? 

10 hours ago, Timofn said:

can you tell me the hashrate? 

6 MHash/s ethereum

10 hours ago, TeraBitz said:

6 MHash/s

This isn't usable information without also mentioning the algorithm or coin that you calculated / checked this for (since OP asked about multiple coins).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

23 minutes ago, tikker said:

This isn't usable information without also mentioning the algorithm or coin that you calculated / checked this for (since OP asked about multiple coins).

This doesn’t even matter the card is to slow to mine anything. This is a 8 year old card and AMD cards tend to get super hot like my r9 390x I mentioned earlier was reaching temps up to 100C. Now if he had a lot of these cards it could be worth it. 

2 minutes ago, TeraBitz said:

This doesn’t even matter the card is to slow to mine anything. This is a 8 year old card and AMD cards tend to get super hot like my r9 390x I mentioned earlier was reaching temps up to 100C. Now if he had a lot of these cards it could be worth it. 

It's true that card it so old it's most likely not worth bothering with. That doesn't change the point your hashrate means nothing without specifying the coin. More cards won't help either. If one isn't profitable, neither will 100 of them be.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 minutes ago, tikker said:

It's true that card it so old it's most likely not worth bothering with. That doesn't change the point your hashrate means nothing without specifying the coin. More cards won't help either. If one isn't profitable, neither will 100 of them be.

I can’t find any results for it being mined with any other coin but Ethereum. This is the most accurate i could get  to because many other test sites said the same

186F66B8-155B-46E4-A957-2DD1726EE6A5.jpeg

1F10EE6C-EFB6-4CF4-868D-B3290EFE3BC5.jpeg

D3B4F3AD-16FE-4BC4-AFF7-A0FB1EA4B0D8.jpeg

10 minutes ago, TeraBitz said:

I can’t find any results for it being mined with any other coin but Ethereum. This is the most accurate i could get  to because many other test sites said the same

That says 16 MH/s for hashrate though. That can't be right anymore, because it's an ancient card and only has 4 GB of VRAM (which isn't enough to mine ETH as the DAG is 4.4 GB currently). You need a workaround to increase hashrate a little and if an RX 580 only reaches 6 MH/s an R270X sure won't reach 16. 6 MH/s is only $0.5 per day as well which will be hard to break even on depending on electricity costs.

So yeah, not worth it with this card.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:36 PM, tikker said:

That says 16 MH/s for hashrate though. That can't be right anymore, because it's an ancient card and only has 4 GB of VRAM (which isn't enough to mine ETH as the DAG is 4.4 GB currently). You need a workaround to increase hashrate a little and if an RX 580 only reaches 6 MH/s an R270X sure won't reach 16. 6 MH/s is only $0.5 per day as well which will be hard to break even on depending on electricity costs.

So yeah, not worth it with this card.

any idea about ethereum classic or ravencoin? i can pick one of these up for 20 bucks 

1 hour ago, Timofn said:

any idea about ethereum classic or ravencoin? i can pick one of these up for 20 bucks 

No idea. Mining calculators seem to stop around the 380 mark. RVN profitability is roughly the same as ETH nowadays and those two generally are the most profitable coins. Honestly I'd just forget about mining with that card and use that 20 bucks to buy some crypto directly if you must.

Even if optimistic and power consumption could be ~200 W while mining with the right settings that'd still cost you $0.48 a day at $0.10 per kWh price. You'd earn a whole $0.02 a day. Even with free electricity it'll be $0.50 a day maybe, so you'd spend more than a month recovering the expenses with only marginal profits afterwards. During this difficulty will likely go up and hence your profits down, or crypto might die tomorrow. If you had it I'd say just try it out, but I wouldn't spend any money on such an ancient card just to mine with it.

Also "power isn't a problem" begs the question who is paying the bill. If it's included in the rent then sure, it may not matter to an extent, but if you still live with e.g. your parents the bill will increase and they should know and receive compensation.

1 hour ago, tikker said:

No idea. Mining calculators seem to stop around the 380 mark. RVN profitability is roughly the same as ETH nowadays and those two generally are the most profitable coins. Honestly I'd just forget about mining with that card and use that 20 bucks to buy some crypto directly if you must.

Even if optimistic and power consumption could be ~200 W while mining with the right settings that'd still cost you $0.48 a day at $0.10 per kWh price. You'd earn a whole $0.02 a day. Even with free electricity it'll be $0.50 a day maybe, so you'd spend more than a month recovering the expenses with only marginal profits afterwards. During this difficulty will likely go up and hence your profits down, or crypto might die tomorrow. If you had it I'd say just try it out, but I wouldn't spend any money on such an ancient card just to mine with it.

Also "power isn't a problem" begs the question who is paying the bill. If it's included in the rent then sure, it may not matter to an extent, but if you still live with e.g. your parents the bill will increase and they should know and receive compensation.

okay, than i wont bother buying it

and yes i still live with my parents