For the ssd slot buy used or new

Pinkeypierules

I'm not a business professional at all and don't use my tech for work Im getting a ps5 and I want to save a dollar Is it a could Idea to buy a used gen 3 or gen 4 nvme m.2 ssd for the console. I know Linus says never to buy your storage used butI dont the problem as a average hard labor dude 

5 minutes ago, Pinkeypierules said:

I'm not a business professional at all and don't use my tech for work Im getting a ps5 and I want to save a dollar Is it a could Idea to buy a used gen 3 or gen 4 nvme m.2 ssd for the console. I know Linus says never to buy your storage used butI dont the problem as a average hard labor dude 

It comes with storage already. A 875GB SSD.
If you cannot afford more, im sorry but deal with it. 🙂

You can still uninstall one game to install another and play that.

But you will still have to pay trough your nose for the games themselves...

So are you sure you want to spend it on a console?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Use the Nvme SSD it comes with already? Then you don't have to spend a single dollar outside of the cost of the console for hardware. It already has an 875GB SSD if you want to upgrade passed that you'd have to get a 2TB Nvme SSD and even used you're looking at a couple hundred dollars. I wouldn't recommend getting a used 2TB Nvme SSD, either buy new or don't buy at all. There are two things I will never buy used as far as PC parts go and that's storage drives and GPUs. I'd also make sure you get a compatible SSD, I haven't looked into upgrading the PS5s storage all that much but my guess is it doesn't have Gen 4 Pcie support so getting a Gen 4 Nvme drive may not work. I'd double check before you decide which drive to get.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

ok folks Im not broke im just frugal and cheap I know it has a SSD already I'm asking is for the expansion slot because i know I'm gonna have lots of games. I just want to know do I go used and save or just pay the price

1 hour ago, Pinkeypierules said:

ok folks Im not broke im just frugal and cheap I know it has a SSD already I'm asking is for the expansion slot because i know I'm gonna have lots of games. I just want to know do I go used and save or just pay the price

I personally would go new, 2nd hand has no warranty.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

6 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

It comes with storage already. A 875GB SSD.
If you cannot afford more, im sorry but deal with it. 🙂

You can still uninstall one game to install another and play that.

But you will still have to pay trough your nose for the games themselves...

So are you sure you want to spend it on a console?

Hey just because it says 875 it's not 875 it's actually 661 I think so get your facts straight and don't be a jerk some of you PC snobs ruin the PC gaming community

Wait for a deal and buy new. Until you find it for the price you want, download on the internal ssd. 661gb will keep you occupied until then.

Buy new, and no the storage isn't enough. COD takes 1/2 of it, so if you ever want to play cod you get screwed out of storage. Most games (AAA) are over 100gb too.

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x