PSU fan or entire PSU dying

NukeANizer

Hey there guys, I have an Enermax Maxpro 600w psu which is over 5 years old by now. I got it gifted together with the case by a friend and have been using it for a year now(thing is he didn't clean his whole set up once when he still owned it). Now the issue: 2 or 3 months ago the rattling noises began. Being very sleight in the beginning but getting severely worse over time. It's now gotten to the point where the fan is rattling very fast and at the same time a sort of pulsing noise is audible as well. Is this probably just the motor on the fan dying or should I get rid of the entire thing completely.

In the file I attached I recorded the noise approximately 20cm away from the psu

psu fan damage

12 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

MaxPro is kind of bad. What cpu and gpu are you powering with it?

Gtx 1050ti and ryzen 5 3600x. Want to Upgrade to an rtx 2060 next month

Replace it!

What country do you live and can you give a link to a shop where you want to buy a PSU.

1 hour ago, NukeANizer said:

Is 750w not overkill?

For your use case, yes. But it's not bad to have some flexibility, especially with a Ryzen system. You could later double your cores to a 12 core that pulls 150W, for example. Or maybe you snag a 3070 Ti a few years from now.

You could get away with another 600W. Honestly, even a 400W could handle a 3600X and 2060. But if the price difference isn't big, you might as well give yourself the breathing room.

42 minutes ago, NukeANizer said:

Thought Enermax is bad lmao. Or was that just concerning the MaxPro line?

Yes. MaxPro. Most Enermax entry-level units are terrible 😛

The Rev D.F. is fine.