Is there a standalone vr headset for pc?

Faris14
Go to solution Solved by Torreip,

For most VR headset you will at least need some sort of capture station but if you have a high budget you can take a valve index where you can buy the headset and the capture station without the controller. if you are not against second hand you could also get an used headset complete kit for a lower price or even if you don't hate Facebook collecting your data go for a quest 2 who is connectable to your computer. for every option above the price range from 300$ to 900$. 

PS : everything is on my best knowledge it may be another way 🙂

So I want to buy a vr headset for pc for my racing sim games and was wondering if there is a way for me to just buy a headset and not the whole bundle?

For most VR headset you will at least need some sort of capture station but if you have a high budget you can take a valve index where you can buy the headset and the capture station without the controller. if you are not against second hand you could also get an used headset complete kit for a lower price or even if you don't hate Facebook collecting your data go for a quest 2 who is connectable to your computer. for every option above the price range from 300$ to 900$. 

PS : everything is on my best knowledge it may be another way 🙂

There were a couple but they have stopped existing since they offered a piece of the vr experience for basically the price of a full kit. Your best bet would be to buy a cheaper inside out tracking headset and use that.

Thank you guys I will look into buying a second hand complete kit from a different country because in mine there pretty much are not any. Even if they are the price is like 5% cheaper then the new one.

1 hour ago, Faris14 said:

Thank you guys I will look into buying a second hand complete kit from a different country because in mine there pretty much are not any. Even if they are the price is like 5% cheaper then the new one.

no problem it was a pleasure, i wish you the best of luck to find what you want

Torreip.

14 hours ago, Faris14 said:

There are often a couple lenovo windows mixed reality headsets floating around that were actually pretty decent. Should go for around 200$ used tops.