How to get rid of hardware reserved ram

This is literally so irritating since I won’t be able to fully utilize my ram only because my system reserves 69 mb of it. I took the risk and updated my motherboard bios but it only went down by 1 kB (from 69.1 mb to 69.0) also plz don’t judge my ram speed, I know it’s not that goodimage.thumb.jpg.b3ee1238f410d6b9b60db9f926906441.jpg

you cant, theres some that has to be reserved to put the bios into, other basic system stuff

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1. I won't judge your RAM speed. I run 1333mhz DDR3. 

2. I don't think you can. On laptops it's reserved for the iGPU, I assume you're on a desktop though. 69 mb of ram is not that much. It's required for the system to run (holds BIOS, has to do with UEFI if your system has that). Just deal with it I guess - my desktop has about 50 mb hardware reserved. 

Why are you bothered by it? It's a normal thing... some hardware in your computer reserves a small piece of ram for its need. It's not reserving it just for kicks, it reserves it because it's needed and because it's gonna be used.

If you have integrated graphics, it may reserve a tiny amount in order to work. 

If you have a more modern m.2 ssd, some feature HBM (host buffer memory or something like that), where they can reserve some amount of ram to cache things and speed things up.

Your usb drivers may reserve a small amount of ram to buffer small writes to usb sticks or for other reasons.

You can look in device manager to see which component reserved some amount of memory, but it's a bit difficult to manually check each component.

It's required for the BIOS and to load certain drivers and whatnot into

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

11 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

1. I won't judge your RAM speed. I run 1333mhz DDR3. 

2. I don't think you can. On laptops it's reserved for the iGPU, I assume you're on a desktop though. 69 mb of ram is not that much. It's required for the system to run (holds BIOS, has to do with UEFI if your system has that). Just deal with it I guess - my desktop has about 50 mb hardware reserved. 

Better than my brother, he is running 4x4GB of DDR3-1600, and there are a ton of kits out there that run at DDR3-1333, yes, that's after double data rate, so literally half the frequency of OP

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)