TrueNAS & Cluster Shared Volumes (Windows 2019)

UserSN

Hey Guys,

Looking for some advice guidance here. I've setup 4 ISCSI Targets that i'd like to share across 4 host nodes. 
1st step was to connect HOST01 to TRUENAS through ISCSI

2nd step I formatted the 4 targets in NTFS

From here should I connect my 4 targets via ISCSI to the remaining 3 HOST NODES, BEFORE configuring the cluster shared volume in windows or after?

Why use ISCSI? Why not just use SMB on the true nas box? Then you don't have use use clusterd share volume  at all.

Im pretty sure you need to setup the iscsi first, then add the disk to the clustered shared volume

DId you follow the microsoft guide for this? They go over what setups to setup a volume.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why use ISCSI? Why not just use SMB on the true nas box? Then you don't have use use clusterd share volume  at all.

Im pretty sure you need to setup the iscsi first, then add the disk to the clustered shared volume

DId you follow the microsoft guide for this? They go over what setups to setup a volume.

I haven't had much luck with SAMBA, and SQL export's don't seem to allow SMB shares as data/log/backup drives. I was able to get it working you do have to ISCSI them to all machines 1st. Thanks @Electronics Wizardy