Display port 1.4 to HDMI converter no Sound to Soundbar

FLACS

Hi All,

I'm using CLUB 3D CAC-1080 DISPLAYPORT 1.4 TO HDMI 2.0B HDR ADAPTER, the adapter connected to my Quadro RTX 4000 and the HDMI connection connected to my Samsung Q950A soundbar HDMI IN.

I can get the video signal working fine but no sound from the soundbar even though i can select various speaker channel output option in window.

Kindly someone give me some suggestion what could be wrong.

Thanks

1 minute ago, FLACS said:

Hi All,

I'm using CLUB 3D CAC-1080 DISPLAYPORT 1.4 TO HDMI 2.0B HDR ADAPTER, the adapter connected to my Quadro RTX 4000 and the HDMI connection connected to my Samsung Q950A soundbar HDMI IN.

I can get the video signal working fine but no sound from the soundbar even though i can select various speaker channel output option in window.

Kindly someone give me some suggestion what could be wrong.

Thanks

My suspicion is that the adapter is not taking any audio signals and is purely video feed only

Thanks for your reply, but when my PC is connect with the same cable directly to TV and from TV earc to my soundbar earc the sound if working fine. But if I connect the PC to  soundbar and then to my TV the sound is not working.

I could be fine with the first setup (PC to TV and then to my soundbar) but the drawback is my TV will not pass-through certain sound formats such as DTS X and therefore i prefer routing it via my soundbar.