Need help deciding between cases

iDerped
Go to solution Solved by CallumOKane,

Personally, 5000D Airflow

Hello, I am having trouble deciding between these two cases, Lian Li o11d XL and Corsair 5000d Airflow, and wanted some feedback on which would be better for me.  It will house a 5900x with a Arctic liquid freezer ii 360 aio (top mounted as exhaust for each case), msi gaming x 3080ti, corsair rmx 1000 (2021) or bq dp 12 1000, 1-2 sata ssd, and 1-2 m.2.  It will be on a platform under the desk as well.  I know the bottom fans on the o11d really help to keep the gpu cool but I couldn't really find anything to suggest how much worse the corsair might be when fully populated with fans.  Also chose the XL over normal o11 just for the extra half inch of cable space for gpu pcie cables because I would rather not vertical mount.  My main focus is just which will be better at keeping everything cool between the two cases.  Appreciate any input anyone could offer.

Thanks!

The O11D XL is pointless unless you're doing a complete liquid cooling loop with multiple large radiators.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

21 minutes ago, CallumOKane said:

Personally, 5000D Airflow

I was leaning towards that one as well but was concerned it might be worse temps but it just looks nice and GN didn't seem to completely hate it lol.

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The O11D XL is pointless unless you're doing a complete liquid cooling loop with multiple large radiators.

I was also thinking that the o11xl was probably too big for me but I was willing to take the hit if it meant the best performance.  So are differences in temps negligible between the 5000d airflow and o11, and I should just go with the 5000d? Thanks to both of you for replying as well.

Another vote for the 5000D, though to be honest unless you're running a massive EATX board you might as well save a big chunk and get the 4000D. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

18 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Another vote for the 5000D, though to be honest unless you're running a massive EATX board you might as well save a big chunk and get the 4000D. 

Thanks for replying, I'll have a look at the 4000d again.  I was initially thinking 5000d because the top mounted 360aio and the potential to go hybrid gpu with the side fan/mount but I will check it out again