I7-10700KF on Z590

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
1 minute ago, RastyB said:

many users have managed to learn the old MOBO nvme boot, bat true is sata ssd is solution - cheap and not bad

Just get a sata ssd and wait till next gen since ddr4 is about to become obselete

And in the meantime so your cpu isnt slow i suggest overclocking it

Budget (including currency):

I'm planning to upgrade:

• Asus TUF Gaming Z590-Plus Wifi                                                             4 899,- Kč (Czech Krone)  225.2 USD
  • Intel Core I7-10700KF                                                                               6 990,- Kč                          321.3 USD
  • G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB  2x8GB          3 899,-Kč                           179.2 USD
  •  NZXT Kraken X63                                                                                     2 849,-Kč                           130.9 USD                                                                                                                                                         

Total:    18 637,-Kč                            856,6 USD

Mostly work (MS office + Intenet) but sometimes I still play games, especially FPS. I'm interested to see new games, what's new. ( You know, I started at DOOM II 1993, but now I love the batllefield series ) 😅

Existing parts: 

• Intel Core I5-3570K
  • ARCTIC Freezer 33 CO
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
  • Kingston KHX1600C10D3/8G 4x4 GB
  • HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
  • SSD: Kingston SSDNow mS200 mSATA 120GB (MOBO suported just SATA II)
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL-GTX1070-O8G, 8GB GDDR5
  • Fractal Design Define C Tempered Glass
  • Corsair TX650
  • (NVMe M2 Samsung 970EVO plus 1TB)

I'm already worried about the old HDD, where I back up my data to work, so I bought a NVMe M2 Samsung 970EVO plus 1TB + PCI-E expansion card, I tried to set it up as a boot disk (Flash Bios) unfortunately unsuccessfully.(MOBO is still OK) but Samsung 970EVO plus can be used instead of HDD. I said to myself, it's time to upgrade. Its almost 10y old ring 😉 (Just case is newer) 

I am renovating the house, so I work temporarily in the living room on 65" TV samsung 4k 50Hz, but later I would probably buy a monitor minimal 1440p 144Hz ideal is 4K.I like maximum resolution and ultra detail.  It would probably be better to wait for the upgrade until January next year..... win11, new Alder lake by intel, mayby DDR 5 etc.... but I plan to buy this week. Upgrade my graphics card will wait until the crisis ends, because those prices are absolutely insane....  All my life I am building a PC on Intel platform....

im buing all components on this eshop https://www.alza.cz/EN/

So my questions is,

1. what do you think about I7-10700KF + Z590  I know that it will not support PCI 4.0

2. My power supply has only 8pin for CPU, but MOBO has 8+4 pin, I read on the forums - is enough to connect just 8 pins. It will realy work?

3. NZXT Kraken X63 it will be enough to cool my new I7 even at overclock.

Thanks for the feedback/Help and sorry for my English, sometimes i have to used google translator. 

1. Assuming BIOS supports it (it should, but double check the OEM page to confirm), yes. Z590 can run 10th/11th gen, same with Z490, just depends on the BIOS version you're running. 

2. Yep. Only need the single 8 pin, unless you're absolutely smashing voltage through your chip, shouldn't need the supplemental 4. 

3. Yes. May get a bit hot if you're pushing it but it shouldn't go out of spec. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

1. Assuming BIOS supports it (it should, but double check the OEM page to confirm), yes. Z590 can run 10th/11th gen, same with Z490, just depends on the BIOS version you're running. 

2. Yep. Only need the single 8 pin, unless you're absolutely smashing voltage through your chip, shouldn't need the supplemental 4. 

3. Yes. May get a bit hot if you're pushing it but it shouldn't go out of spec. 

Thanks, So it looks like this week will be new ring 😁

Any problems with your old rig?

Just overclock the i5 then, safe volt around 1.45v, just make sure to not go higher than 80c

6 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Any problems with your old rig?

Just overclock the i5 then, safe volt around 1.45v, just make sure to not go higher than 80c

Yes I5 3570k  is very easy to overclock, but I bought a  NVMe M2 Samsung 970EVO plus 1TB and i  tried to set it up as a boot disk (Flash Bios) unfortunately unsuccessfully. So that was reason start thinking about upgrading....

Yes I5 3570k  is very easy to overclock, but I bought a  NVMe M2 Samsung 970EVO plus 1TB and i  tried to set it up as a boot disk (Flash Bios) unfortunately unsuccessfully. So that was reason start thinking about upgrading....

I think there are ways to use nvme ssds as boot drives on these older systems

Not worth upgrading if you dont have any major issues, just overclock the cpu and use it till w10 goes eol or it just outright dies

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I think there are ways to use nvme ssds as boot drives on these older systems

Not worth upgrading if you dont have any major issues, just overclock the cpu and use it till w10 goes eol or it just outright dies

But it didn't help ... I downloaded the mode for mine MOBO

Just now, RastyB said:

But it didn't help ... I downloaded the mode for mine MOBO

Do you have a sata ssd?

If you do then just use that as a boot drive, if you dont just buy one and use it as a boot drive

These old systems arent compatible with nvme boot so that explains why you cant boot off an nvme ssd

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Do you have a sata ssd?

If you do then just use that as a boot drive, if you dont just buy one and use it as a boot drive

These old systems arent compatible with nvme boot so that explains why you cant boot off an nvme ssd

many users have managed to learn the old MOBO nvme boot, bat true is sata ssd is solution - cheap and not bad

Just get a sata ssd and wait till next gen since ddr4 is about to become obselete

25 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

😢😁Yes, I thought that very shortly will be a better time to upgrade, but I felt excited when selecting new components........and new SATA SSD i can use like external disk fo back up