What video games are you looking forward to?

RelytX

Hey guys just wondering what video games you are playing and looking forward to. Me personally looking forward to Diablo 2 Resurrected and BF2042!

Started playing Recompile. Had such great hopes for it, and in many ways it's really great, but it's unfortunately way too finicky. There's too much platforming with tiny ledges and such and just overall poor level and environment design. It's a super small team and a really ambitious project, but it just didn't come together. Maybe over time they'll be able to improve it, though.

Just got Cyberpunk 2077 for $5 through Best Buy, so I decided to finally give that a try. It's actually pretty darn good. I'm really enjoying it so far. That probably has a lot to do with it now be 1.3, with most of the kinks worked out, and running on next gen, but for anyone that's been holding out like I was, definitely grab it on sale if you can.

Looking forward to Psychonauts 2 and Horizon Forbidden West when that finally comes out.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I'm very excited for Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye. The original was just so incredible that I have high hopes for this DLC/sequel.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

On 8/23/2021 at 4:32 AM, Chris Pratt said:

Started playing Recompile. Had such great hopes for it, and in many ways it's really great, but it's unfortunately way too finicky. There's too much platforming with tiny ledges and such and just overall poor level and environment design. It's a super small team and a really ambitious project, but it just didn't come together. Maybe over time they'll be able to improve it, though.

Just got Cyberpunk 2077 for $5 through Best Buy, so I decided to finally give that a try. It's actually pretty darn good. I'm really enjoying it so far. That probably has a lot to do with it now be 1.3, with most of the kinks worked out, and running on next gen, but for anyone that's been holding out like I was, definitely grab it on sale if you can.

Looking forward to Psychonauts 2 and Horizon Forbidden West when that finally comes out.

still $53 on steam not cheap enough.

i would have been looking foreword to d2 remastered and might still pic it up and diablo 4 but games have let me down so we will see. i just dont seem to have an ich to play much games any more despite owing lots on steam and switch...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, and Zelda BotW 2.

I'm guessing BotW 2 will bring back Skyloft and possibly Fi (I've been playing Hyrule Warriors: Legends because I need a crash course in Zelda lore).

elephants

Age of Empires 4, AINEC.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on my own PS5 so I can play through Astro when I want without having to bug my friend and do it on his time lmao

Outside of that, there's really nothing that comes to mind. Maybe Horizon 5? But Playground Games is so good at consistently fucking up all the shit I notice that I really have fairly low hopes for it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

None, im taking a break from video games. Now I mostly watch my tv for entertainment. 

Btw, I get one to two free games every week from epic games store, many of them triple a titles. On top of that, I also get dozens of free games from my Amazon prime membership with prime gaming, one of which is Battlefield V. With so many free games in my library, playing felt more like work than fun. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Uh. Is there any decent game that's about to be released? Looks like everything's multiplayer nowadays, I don't like multiplayer, well, what I don't like are the rancid communities in multiplayer games to be precise.

Indies aren't my thing and story-wise the last interesting game I've played and enjoyed was Witcher 3. Dying Light 2 could be interesting, if it ever gets released and isn't a P2W lootbox nightmare.

I had hopes for Squadron 42 but looks like I'll die of old age before that game gets released, IF it's in development, perhaps is no more than another kickstarter dumpster made to attract gullible rich middle aged guys from first world countries like Star CItizen, no matter how much they donate it'll never be done.

Squadron 42 is Star CItizen... or it was anyway maybe sold it dont remember.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Currently playing Halo MCC and Destiny 2. Don't play many games anymore. Halo Infinite is about the only game I am looking forward to, and the next D2 expansion.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

The only game I'm looking forward to currently is Deathloop. I've ignored Arkane's games for too long and after binging through Prey and the Dishonored games last year and finding them to be some of the most rewarding modern immersive sim games out there, I'm inclined to once again make an exception to my now decade long endeavour of not buying games anywhere near launch or at full price. With Square Enix wasting Eidos Montreal's considerable potential after ruining the Deus Ex franchise by meddling with its development and then putting them to work on that Avengers game, Arkane are the only major studio left that get this kind of game design philosophy.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

On 8/25/2021 at 10:31 AM, Avocado Diaboli said:

The only game I'm looking forward to currently is Deathloop. I've ignored Arkane's games for too long and after binging through Prey and the Dishonored games last year and finding them to be some of the most rewarding modern immersive sim games out there, I'm inclined to once again make an exception to my now decade long endeavour of not buying games anywhere near launch or at full price. With Square Enix wasting Eidos Montreal's considerable potential after ruining the Deus Ex franchise by meddling with its development and then putting them to work on that Avengers game, Arkane are the only major studio left that get this kind of game design philosophy.

Arkane was making the cancelled Half Life right? They should just release it..

On 8/26/2021 at 5:23 PM, Wictorian said:

Arkane was making the cancelled Half Life right? They should just release it..

Didn't they say they would if there was significant demand? 

Elder Scrolls VI.

The game is probably still half a decade away (with Bethesda re-releasing Skyrim a couple more times in the mean-time) , but I do look forward to a new game in the series.

Although, I am still not sure if I'm looking forward to the game or to a game/world to capture me the same way Skyrim did; which I am not sure is a fair way look at it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

New Mass Effect game. If I were to guess they are going to do a formal announcement of it at E3 2022 with a ETA of 2024 Q1. Starfield also looks promising, as that being said I am a sucker for space games and ill play it no matter what.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Not much right now, they're all way off in the distance, stuff like the new Elder Scrolls, the new Fable reboot that Microsoft is working on and of course GTA VI (whenever Rockstar stops milking the fuck out of V).  The last game i was super hyped for was Cyberpunk, and we all know how that turned out lol 

Trepang2.

Dumbest name but as a big fan of F.E.A.R. it's a no-brainer 

hellblade because it had an heilung soundtrack 

finding games because of what song do they use lol

Elden Ring

Recently started playing the Dark Souls series and instantly regretted putting these games off because i thought they were only hard and frustrating. But these games have been the best ones i played in the last few years. Yes they're hard, but extremely rewarding.

Elden Ring is the next "Souls-like" game that will be released by From Software.

Still looking forward to maybe play Bloodbourne and Sekiro when i have the opportunity. Sadly i don't have a PS4/PS5 and don't plan to get one just because of some fucking exclusive titles.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Still looking forward to maybe play Bloodbourne and Sekiro when i have the opportunity. Sadly i don't have a PS4/PS5 and don't plan to get one just because of some fucking exclusive titles.

Good news, Sekiro is a multiplatform title, so you can also play it on PC or Xbox One.

I just thought of another game I'm looking forward to, Hollow Knight: Silksong. I enjoyed the original quite a bit outside of a few bosses that felt like they were intentionally too fast to be dodged reliably or designed to be cheesed with a very specific loadout. But I liked the exploration a lot and the atmosphere, music and visual aesthetic was nice too. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

On 8/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

Didn't they say they would if there was significant demand? 

Bruh isn't there?

• 3 weeks later...

Diablo 2 Resurrected is going to give me nostalgia attacks, and I'll be excited for Diablo 4 in like 8 more years. Also interested in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, but it seems to get continually pushed back, so who knows if/when it'll arrive.

I just played Left 4 Dead 2 for the first time with some friends, so now I'm interested in the upcoming Back 4 Blood. Enjoyed playing The Division 2 with those same friends, so maybe Division Heartland will be worth looking into.

I really enjoyed the creepy game Oxenfree, and now the sequel is coming, and they even made changes to the original game to have story from the sequel "bleed into" the original game, so that's a cool concept!

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

The Control sequel. Not the side game they're doing, but the actual sequel game that's supposed to come out in a few years.

Otherwise, not much, honestly. Control is the only game that's gotten me excited about a new release in a long time. I've put almost 100 hours into that game and still find myself going back on occasion to run around the Oldest House some more.