Any intel 11th gen owners here?

Was wondering what CPU, cooler and temps your getting running cinebench and in games. 

I have a 11700f and this sucker gets toasty pulling 200 watts with no power limit. Running cinebench r20 with a -40 voltage offset using throttle stop and I'm getting close to 80c using a scythe fuma 2 in a be quiet 500dx case with 5 be quiet fans. 

Gaming wise I've yet to see it go past 70c 

Performance has been great, no complaints. Just wondering what you guys are seeing with your rigs 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Was wondering what CPU, cooler and temps your getting running cinebench and in games. 

I have a 11700f and this sucker gets toasty pulling 200 watts with no power limit. Running cinebench r20 with a -40 voltage offset using throttle stop and I'm getting close to 80c using a scythe fuma 2 in a be quiet 500dx case with 5 be quiet fans. 

Gaming wise I've yet to see it go past 70c 

Performance has been great, no complaints. Just wondering what you guys are seeing with your rigs 

Pulling 200w with the CPU only? Isn't that rather high?

I'm getting close to 80c

That is a normal operating temperature for an Intel CPU. Nothing to worry about. Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C to protect their CPUs against any damage due to heat. You have lots of headroom. 

pulling 200 watts

It is wonderful that you can run your 11700F at close to 200W. Great work! 😀

The default 65W TDP limit that Intel recommends for these powerful CPUs is a joke. With decent cooling you have learned that the 10700F is capable of so much more. No one worries about running their 11700K or 11900K at 200W so no need for you to worry that this is too much for your 11700F. Your 11700F, the 11700K and the 11900K are all the same under the skin. Different retail boxes is the only significant difference. 

36 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Pulling 200w with the CPU only? Isn't that rather high?

That's normal for the 11700 if you let it boost endlessly. You can see here that Gamers Nexus measured 190W on the stock 11700K before turbo boost duration expired.

Im not worried about the wattage or temps I'm getting.

The system runs great and cooler than I thought it would with this fuma 2. No complaints, was more curious about other users temps with different coolers

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

That's normal for the 11700 if you let it boost endlessly. You can see here that Gamers Nexus measured 190W on the stock 11700K before turbo boost duration expired.

Well CPUs are not the only thing that outputs heat in a Rig. But I see no reason to let one Boost endlessly.

The temperatures you are seeing are fine. 11th gen runs hotter than past generations. For example, the eight core 11900k is matching or exceeding the 10900k 10th gen thermally while having two fewer cores.

4 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Well CPUs are not the only thing that outputs heat in a Rig. But I see no reason to let one Boost endlessly.

If you want to maximize performance, removing the Boost duration limits is the easiest way to do it. With the limits removed, the max all-core boost for the 11700F is 4.4GHz. With the limits in place, it can drop all the way to 2.9GHz on some boards, because it's limited to just 65W.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

If you want to maximize performance, removing the Boost duration limits is the easiest way to do it. With the limits removed, the max all-core boost for the 11700F is 4.4GHz. With the limits in place, it can drop all the way to 2.9GHz on some boards, because it's limited to just 65W.

Yes Yes but let the CPU Boost all of the time when you don't need it to? I mean not playing a game or doing Content Creation, but merely Stream a Movie/Video...

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

This right here is why I do it. As long as it stays cool temp wise I don't look at it any different than overclocking a K chip. 

At base voltage with no power limit it got hot, it took some tinkering around to find what voltage was stable and once I found that it dropped my temps a good bit. 

I'll have to check in hwinfo what I'm pulling wattage wise while gaming tonight. I know running cinebench I saw it hit 198 watts. Obviously cinebench isn't the same as gaming so I'll see what the difference is

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Just now, whm1974 said:

Yes Yes but let the CPU Boost all of the time when you don't need it to? I mean not playing a game or doing Content Creation, but merely Stream a Movie/Video...

It stops boosting if there's no workload put on it. Allowing it to boost indefinitely doesn't mean that it will, it's just allowed to.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

It stops boosting if there's no workload put on it. Allowing it to boost indefinitely doesn't mean that it will, it's just allowed to.

I know mine doesn't run pegged at 4.4ghz if I'm web browsing 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, whm1974 said:

But I see no reason to let one Boost endlessly.

If the C states are enabled, when an Intel CPU is idle, the individual cores can be spending over 99% of their time in the low power core C7 state. The cores are disconnected from the internal clock so they are sitting there at 0 MHz and 0 Volts. It is not a bad thing at all if a CPU runs at full speed when it has something to do. Fast or slow is meaningless when idle.

When there are no tasks to perform, cores are inactive. You can have a fast CPU without sacrificing power consumption or heat or wear and tear. The cores automatically enter the low power C7 state if it is enabled. 

i4tnKgl.jpg

I finally got around to testing some stuff out and recording temps/watts. Here's what I got

Temps and watts are maximum reached, monitored with Hwinfo

i7 11700f

With no voltage offset and stock power limit

Cinebench R20  65 watts, 45c Score of 3350 @2.59ghz
Cinebench R23  65 watts, 45c Score of 8650 @2.59ghz    (Ryzen 1700x scores 8889)

With no voltage offset and no power limit

Cinebench R20 200 watts,  84c Score of 5396   @ 4.39ghz
Cinebench R23 201 watts,  84c Score of 14024 @ 4.39ghz  (ryzen 1700x get 8889)

With voltage offset of -0.040v and no power limits

Cinebench R20  188 watts  80c  Score of 5402  @ 4.39ghz
Cinebench R23  185 watts  81c  Score of 13978 @ 4.39ghz  (ryzen 1700x gets 8889)

With voltage offset of -0.050v and no power limits

Cinebench R20   176 watts,  76c  Score of 5392   @ 4.39ghz

Cinebench R23   179 watts,  76c  Score of 13963 @ 4.39ghz (ryzen 1700x gets 8889)

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x