Am i bottle-necking or what with my 3080ti?

F TANK

Or is it driver or Windows related? I am a self-admitted neophyte but I build my own rigs. I recently upgraded to a 3080ti but lately it's running about as well as the 2070 super it replaced. Nothing is getting stressed under task manager. Temps are running nornal. Gpu/cpu usage seemed normal aside from some weird spikes when a game was launching but its like performance was halved. Where most games would be running maxed 4K with around 90 to 120fps are now running between 30's to <60fps. 

Specs are:

MSI 570 carbon

ASUS tuf 3080 ti 

3700x

32gb 3600mhz XPG (x4)

850 watt power supply

24 minutes ago, F TANK said:

Or is it driver or Windows related? I am a self-admitted neophyte but I build my own rigs. I recently upgraded to a 3080ti but lately it's running about as well as the 2070 super it replaced. Where most games would be running maxed 4K with around 90 to 120fps are now running between 30's to <60fps. 

It seems as if you found your most likely issue yourself. Install a program such as DDU and properly clean install new drivers as that is the most likely culprit (I had the same thing going from my 2070s to a 3080) If this doesn't work or if you notice any other strange behavior please do let us now 🙂