My pc is just dying, No idea what the hell to do.

L2Gae
Go to solution Solved by RTX 3090,
1 minute ago, Carbonado said:

Or maybe if you have the $ you can buy a new drive lol.

Doubt the drive is faulty, sounds like something to do with the partition scheme got corrupted. You can use crystaldiskinfo to check the health of your drive

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

My pc was all fine until windows 10 started getting resource heavy with there major updates. My PC SSD has 117gb yet system files take up 81.9 gb of it. One of my drivers keep saying "The Parameter is Incorrect." when trying to make a volume from it in disk manager. I tried resetting the pc and it came across an error saying "Windows couldn't reset." I've had the pc since 2018 and I don't know what to do. It's really unstable and lags quite frequently. I have kaspersky anti-virus and it's saying I have nothing bad on my pc. I can't even boot into any bootable usb's as it says "Windows can not be installed on this partition." My specs are as followed :

Omen By HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

1920x1080 60hz Monitor.

unknown.png

unknown (1).png

unknown (2).png

unknown (3).png

Reinstalling Windows is probably your best option. 

When booting into the USB, after backing up your data to an external drive or cloud, you may need to delete all partitions and let Windows create it's own new ones

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

You can't reset the pc? Well maybe you can try reinstalling Windows. Or maybe if you have the $ you can buy a new drive lol.

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

1 minute ago, Carbonado said:

Or maybe if you have the $ you can buy a new drive lol.

Doubt the drive is faulty, sounds like something to do with the partition scheme got corrupted. You can use crystaldiskinfo to check the health of your drive

4 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Reinstalling Windows is probably your best option. 

When booting into the USB, after backing up your data to an external drive or cloud, you may need to delete all partitions and let Windows create it's own new ones

I've tried to it just stops or finishes then bsod on the final installation point.

1 minute ago, L2Gae said:

I've tried to it just stops or finishes then bsod on the final installation point.

Run crystaldiskinfo and let us know what happens. If it says caution or has a yellow or red colour, the drive may be faulty. Yellow is just a caution / warning, but red is a bit more serious. 

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

Run crystaldiskinfo and let us know what happens. If it says caution or has a yellow or red colour, the drive may be faulty. Yellow is just a caution / warning, but red is a bit more serious. 

Will do, I'll reply tommorow since I'm heading to bed. Also, my ram too acts weird.

21 minutes ago, L2Gae said:

Also, my ram too acts weird.

Try memtest86/64

Id say based on what I read above that your drive is faulty, windows has had a major error (a lot of times over) or something else wierd is going on. My best advice would be to reinstall windows in any way possible. (windows media creation tool may work while in system rather than booting to a USB drive). Also windows "fresh start" feature may at least be able to get you to a point where you CAN fully reinstall windows. Ill try to keep updated with your results from the crystal disk test if noone else does.

12 hours ago, RTX 3090 said:

Tried it and I did the drive that says Local Disk (F:) and it came up with this.

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, L2Gae said:

Capture.PNG

Thats crystaldiskmark, not info. Their download page is very confusing. I have attatched the exe for your convinince but if you don't trust it, you can download it by clicking this

image.thumb.png.e24c37e8d3130eba474f3e30dfb464ea.png

CrystalDiskInfo8_12_6.exe

22 hours ago, Dragoonski said:

Id say based on what I read above that your drive is faulty, windows has had a major error (a lot of times over) or something else wierd is going on. My best advice would be to reinstall windows in any way possible. (windows media creation tool may work while in system rather than booting to a USB drive). Also windows "fresh start" feature may at least be able to get you to a point where you CAN fully reinstall windows. Ill try to keep updated with your results from the crystal disk test if noone else does.

If the system failed whilst installing Windows, I would expect the original Windows installation to be corrupt. If this is not the case, it would lead me to believe the installation had not started / initialised when there was a BSOD. This could also mean there was an error in the USB installer, or the USB may be corrupt.

Which USB are you using ? Some unbranded Chinese ones have a fake capacity