I want to do bit mining on my gaming pc pls help

32 minutes ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

I’m talking about the price of Bitcoin is always changing like watch it it goes up and down a lot

Yep that's what markets do. People sell -> price goes down, people buy -> price goes up.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

44 minutes ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

I’m talking about the price of Bitcoin is always changing like watch it it goes up and down a lot

Stocks ≠ Bitcoin

Cryptocurrencies go up nd down all the time, yes, that's normal. That's why @tikker said not to invest unless it's money you're ready to lose.

If mining isn't profitable, and you don't have money to throw out the window, then don't bother. BTC could fall 50% tomorrow morning for all we know.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

20 hours ago, tikker said:

Mining isn't a minimum wage job replacement

U sure?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210821-025948.thumb.png.4052e9426423835ad797c06b5bef6a21.png

That said, minimum wage varies from country to country

In my country, 3080 earns $250-ish a month, which is slightly above the minimum wage of $200

Fresh grad engineer is paid $700 monthly, or around 3x3080

As for OP, you really need to set your expectations right and have proper guidance if you want to do either trading or mining

You may start mining with what you have, as your GPU is probably profitable if your electricity isn't expensive

But if your parents is paying the bills, make sure you pay your fair share for your "project" as it's unfair to them otherwise

I started with a single GPU and slowly expanded, but the learning curve is quite steep and I'm still learning stuffs as I go (would be quicker if I just joined a dedicated community but where's the fun in that?)

For trading, it's best you learn technical analysis to assist you in your trading venture

If it's money that you want, trading seems to be the better option from my experience with both

But you have to control your emotions well and have to catch a break

I do mining because I like to tinker with hardware

I do trading to maximise my mining income, so both compliments each other

I recommend you learn investment from a young age as that's really the way to go, imo

Make your money work for you and not work for money

But you must be realistic about your expectations

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

U sure?

Alright I should've specified for one card 😛 How much are you up to now, like 20 of them?

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

That said, minimum wage varies from country to country

In my country, 3080 earns $250-ish a month, which is slightly above the minimum wage of $200

Fresh grad engineer is paid $700 monthly, or around 3x3080

Minimum wage here is €1700 a month. $250 maybe covers (elaborate) groceries for the month and that's it (cheaper if you know how to cook effectively and buy from the markets though).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

18 minutes ago, tikker said:

Alright I should've specified for one card 😛 How much are you up to now, like 20 of them?

22 ampere GPU I think(?)

and one 2070S

That photo is only 13 GPU running, the others are in different account

My setup isn’t profitable ima be spending money more on power than making money from mining I’ve done the math

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

22 ampere GPU I think(?)

and one 2070S

That photo is only 13 GPU running, the others are in different account

Makes it very tempting to pour my current profits into one ...

9 minutes ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

My setup isn’t profitable ima be spending money more on power than making money from mining I’ve done the math

Then you may look into trading

Or if I may, post your math here and I can double check it?

4 minutes ago, tikker said:

Makes it very tempting to pour my current profits into one ...

It's up to you, if you need an upgrade anyways then by all means go for it

I still game on my PC, just that it's literally paying for it's own upgrades as I go now

47 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

It's up to you, if you need an upgrade anyways then by all means go for it

I still game on my PC, just that it's literally paying for it's own upgrades as I go now

It's not like my 1080 Ti is falling my short in either gaming or mining performance so far. The money's there, it's more whether I can convince myself to pay a ridiculous price for a GPU or keep it as more starting capital. I'm positive crypto will continue for a while, but I also feel I might be a little late for recouping the full cost of say a 3080 Ti.

56 minutes ago, tikker said:

It's not like my 1080 Ti is falling my short in either gaming or mining performance so far. The money's there, it's more whether I can convince myself to pay a ridiculous price for a GPU or keep it as more starting capital. I'm positive crypto will continue for a while, but I also feel I might be a little late for recouping the full cost of say a 3080 Ti.

Get a non-lhr GPU

In my opinion, keeping your rig up to date is also a valid strategy to make sure you can keep profiting and able to continue the upgrade

But if you prefer to trade with the earnings, that's valid too