New budget pc for myself

nozamA

Hi all, I am thinking of building myself a PC, under a budget of about $1300 AUD (~950 USD). I have a part list from pcpartpicker and am wondering for any recommendations:

CPU: Intel Core i3-10105F 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor - $129

CPU Cooler: N/A

Mobo: ASRock B560 Pro4 ATX LGA1200 Motherboard - $129

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory - $129

HDD: Seagate Constellation.2 1 TB 2.5" 7200RPM - $20.99

SSD: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME - $60.48

Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB STRIX GAMING - $499

Case: MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower - $78

PSU: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX - $68.77

Wireless Network: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter - $10

All prices above are in AUD (Australian Dollars) and are priced at the time of this post.

In regards to the wireless network, I chose this one as a temporary wireless network because it is $40 cheaper than my preferred one (following):

EDUP EP-9636GS-BL PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi Adapter - $49.95

This will mostly be used for light gaming, but occasionally 3D image rendering/editing.

No monitor/peripherals needed.

Thanks.

EDIT: The budget price includes the OS (Which I probably won't change unless I see Win 10 Pro for cheaper)

abcdef.JPG

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/BGMJcT

Maybe something like this?

Ditched rgb ram in favor of faster ram

Ditched intel and went with an amd apu

No gpu cause this build will rely on the igpu

Cheaper case but 4 rgb fans included

Much much better psu

Wifi mobo

This build does rely on the igpu so i suggest overclocking the sht out of the igpu which should do around 2400mhz, and also overclocking the sht out of the ram, go as high as possible on the freq before it starts crashing or erroring then start lowering the timings

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tKmyYg

Kept it pretty close to what you initially picked but changed a few things.

- Got rid of the external WIFI and chose a board with WIFI

- Cheaper but better spec'd RAM

- picked a faster SSD

- chose a bigger PSU (you could also get away with a 550W unit but I wouldn't recommend that and especially wouldn't go lower than that)

- got a CPU cooler (which you don't really need so if you want to save a few bucks you could remove that and use the included cooler just keep in mind those are very basic in terms of cooling performance but on that low end CPU that shouldn't be that big of a problem)

1 hour ago, nozamA said:

I couldn't find that 1080 ti for that price. Do you have that already or where does that price come from?

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

This build does rely on the igpu so i suggest overclocking the sht out of the igpu which should do around 2400mhz, and also overclocking the sht out of the ram, go as high as possible on the freq before it starts crashing or erroring then start lowering the timings

I wouldn't recommend that since a 1080 ti would be a lot faster than any iGPU regardless of overclocking or whatever.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

Thanks for the suggestion @Somerandomtechyboi! I have looked at the list searched up stats for RX Radeon vega 8, turns out my original 1080 Ti has way better specs. As for everything else, I like the other specs, though I dont think I need an 850W PSU for a rig needing 170W.

2 hours ago, nozamA said:

Hi all, I am thinking of building myself a PC, under a budget of about $1300 AUD (~950 USD). I have a part list from pcpartpicker and am wondering for any recommendations:

CPU: Intel Core i3-10105F 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor - $129

CPU Cooler: N/A

Mobo: ASRock B560 Pro4 ATX LGA1200 Motherboard - $129

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory - $129

HDD: Seagate Constellation.2 1 TB 2.5" 7200RPM - $20.99

SSD: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME - $60.48

Case: MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower - $78

PSU: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX - $68.77

Wireless Network: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter - $10

All prices above are in AUD (Australian Dollars) and are priced at the time of this post.

In regards to the wireless network, I chose this one as a temporary wireless network because it is $40 cheaper than my preferred one (following):

EDUP EP-9636GS-BL PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi Adapter - $49.95

No monitor/peripherals needed.

Thanks.

EDIT: The budget price includes the OS (Which I probably won't change unless I see Win 10 Pro for cheaper)

abcdef.JPG

In a game of Apex right now, after I'm done, I'll post a build for you that's better. I see you have a lot of things that is overpriced and shouldn't be included.

15 minutes ago, Montana16 said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tKmyYg

Kept it pretty close to what you initially picked but changed a few things.

- Got rid of the external WIFI and chose a board with WIFI

- Cheaper but better spec'd RAM

- picked a faster SSD

- chose a bigger PSU (you could also get away with a 550W unit but I wouldn't recommend that and especially wouldn't go lower than that)

- got a CPU cooler (which you don't really need so if you want to save a few bucks you could remove that and use the included cooler just keep in mind those are very basic in terms of cooling performance but on that low end CPU that shouldn't be that big of a problem)

I couldn't find that 1080 ti for that price. Do you have that already or where does that price come from?

I wouldn't recommend that since a 1080 ti would be a lot faster than any iGPU regardless of overclocking or whatever.

Hi, @Montana16, thanks for the tips. I like all the things that you chose, and yes, I'm not a serious gamer, so I would probably be fine with the included cpu cooler (only if I really needed that). In regards to the 1080 Ti, if you are in Australia, it is out of stock, but for $499, in Umart. Also this is a bit over my budget, I'd prefer something around the price of the list I already made, cheaper if possible, but still about the same performance.

39 minutes ago, nozamA said:

Thanks for the suggestion @Somerandomtechyboi! I have looked at the list searched up stats for RX Radeon vega 8, turns out my original 1080 Ti has way better specs. As for everything else, I like the other specs, though I dont think I need an 850W PSU for a rig needing 170W.

You should double check your math, 850w is excessive however I sincerely doubt you can run any CPU with a 1080ti on 170w

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($128.00 @ JW Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($114.77 @ JW Computers) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($60.48 @ JW Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 40 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ Scorptec) just here in case you wanna upgrade to a 3070 or up next time.
Total: $774.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-19 13:09 AEST+1000

you can get windows off ebay for a few dollars, or sign up for windows insider and use windows 11.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Was able to fit a GTX 1660 in my revised list. Hope it helps. Just go with the SSD for now, and add more storage later.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fyDpCz

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($125.00 @ Computer Alliance)
Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($148.77 @ JW Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($130.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($67.22 @ Amazon Australia)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card  ($499.00 @ BPC Technology)
Case: MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($78.00 @ Scorptec)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.77 @ JW Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($145.00 @ Umart)
$1271.76

Alternatively, save money by installing Windows 10 for free (for right now), and getting an official key later.

This would allow you room in the budget for an i5 cpu and more storage instead.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/B72gGq

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

@nozamA I removed the GPU as the Ryzen 5 5600G comes with integrated graphics. This build will be update and if you choose to update it in the future, you have a lot of room as well. I'll wait for a GPU to come back down to market price before thinking of buying one. You can buy a 3060 for $500 at MSRP.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/69xD9N

45 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

You should double check your math, 850w is excessive however I sincerely doubt you can run any CPU with a 1080ti on 170w

I wasn't going to... I was going to run it on a 450/550W preferably.

53 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($128.00 @ JW Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($114.77 @ JW Computers) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($60.48 @ JW Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 40 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ Scorptec) just here in case you wanna upgrade to a 3070 or up next time.
Total: $774.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-19 13:09 AEST+1000

you can get windows off ebay for a few dollars, or sign up for windows insider and use windows 11.

Thanks for the suggested list! I honestly don't have much to criticise about the parts u chose except there is no rgb, but that is a reason why IKEA exists. Other than that, I have taken in the suggested parts into consideration.

32 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

Was able to fit a GTX 1660 in my revised list. Hope it helps. Just go with the SSD for now, and add more storage later.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fyDpCz

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($125.00 @ Computer Alliance)
Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($148.77 @ JW Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($130.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($67.22 @ Amazon Australia)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card  ($499.00 @ BPC Technology)
Case: MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($78.00 @ Scorptec)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.77 @ JW Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($145.00 @ Umart)
$1271.76

Alternatively, save money by installing Windows 10 for free (for right now), and getting an official key later.

This would allow you room in the budget for an i5 cpu and more storage instead.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/B72gGq

Thanks! I went to https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

and put in the 1080 Ti and 1660, apparently 1080 Ti is still a bit better. With the storage - that is actually a good idea, I might do that. With the CPU - the specs say the 10105F is better than the 10100F, and for $4 more. Same thing as I said to Herman McPootis, there isn't as much rgb, but that's not a big problem. In regards to the OS - that is also a good idea, and I might have to that as well to spread the costs a little.

1 hour ago, c00face said:

@nozamA I removed the GPU as the Ryzen 5 5600G comes with integrated graphics. This build will be update and if you choose to update it in the future, you have a lot of room as well. I'll wait for a GPU to come back down to market price before thinking of buying one. You can buy a 3060 for $500 at MSRP.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/69xD9N

Thanks for the recommendation, I will keep this in mind if  decide to buy soon. I am def not going to buy this month/maybe next just cuz of pc component prices, but thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, c00face said:

@nozamAYou can get a windows 10 for $16. I got mines from Keysoff; https://www.keysoff.com/windows-10-home-32-64-bit.html

BTW, what are you planning to do with this build if you're not really gaming? 

Thanks for the link. I am planning on gaming, but I'm not going to play like, 8 hours a day or something, just casual gaming, though sometimes I will play for longer time periods.

1 minute ago, nozamA said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I will keep this in mind if  decide to buy soon. I am def not going to buy this month/maybe next just cuz of pc component prices, but thanks for the info.

Yes, that's the reason for the build. It allows you to build it now and surf, play casual games with the igpu and be up-to-date with tech on Ryzen 5000's. You then can just hang out and wait for a better price on GPU. If newer GPU comes out before then at $500, you can just buy that as the 750watts PSU allows you to upgrade to a better GPU.

1 minute ago, c00face said:

Yes, that's the reason for the build. It allows you to build it now and surf, play casual games with the igpu and be up-to-date with tech on Ryzen 5000's. You then can just hang out and wait for a better price on GPU. If newer GPU comes out before then at $500, you can just buy that as the 750watts PSU allows you to upgrade to a better GPU.

Ok thanks.

5 hours ago, nozamA said:

Thanks! I went to https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

and put in the 1080 Ti and 1660, apparently 1080 Ti is still a bit better. With the storage - that is actually a good idea, I might do that. With the CPU - the specs say the 10105F is better than the 10100F, and for $4 more. Same thing as I said to Herman McPootis, there isn't as much rgb, but that's not a big problem. In regards to the OS - that is also a good idea, and I might have to that as well to spread the costs a little.

The 1080Ti is better, but I highly doubt you're going to find it at the price you put. The umart website doesn't show any 1080Ti once I click on it, but maybe that's because I'm not in Australia? *shrugs*

12 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

The 1080Ti is better, but I highly doubt you're going to find it at the price you put. The umart website doesn't show any 1080Ti once I click on it, but maybe that's because I'm not in Australia? *shrugs*

Go to https://au.pcpartpicker.com/, browse graphics cards, filter to Asus, search '1080 Ti', sort from cheapest, and it should be the first/second one down. If you open new tab on both of them, one of them is $499 at Umart and $1369 at JW computers, the other option of what looks like the same card is $1299 at JW computers. All the shops are out of stock tho.

(The one in the dot & dash box is the correct one)

abcdefg.JPG

2 hours ago, nozamA said:

Go to https://au.pcpartpicker.com/, browse graphics cards, filter to Asus, search '1080 Ti', sort from cheapest, and it should be the first/second one down. If you open new tab on both of them, one of them is $499 at Umart and $1369 at JW computers, the other option of what looks like the same card is $1299 at JW computers. All the shops are out of stock tho.

(The one in the dot & dash box is the correct one)

abcdefg.JPG

I did that, but when I clicked on the actual umart link, there's nothing there. That most likely means it was a bad link or it's oos for good.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

I did that, but when I clicked on the actual umart link, there's nothing there. That most likely means it was a bad link or it's oos for good.

I see what you mean...hmmm. Idk man. I guess I could use this instead:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/DdbCmG/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-super-6-gb-gaming-oc-video-card-gv-n166sgaming-oc-6gd

It's not as good of a GPU, but it'll do the job.

20 minutes ago, nozamA said:

K I changed it a bit here is the new link:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rvnTGq

It's about the same price, better RAM, 1660s GPU (rip 1080 Ti dreams), 1 tb more storage, 80+ Gold 550W PSU

you can run windows deactivated, or sign up for windows insider and use windows 11 for free. no need to buy windows 10 when it's EOL in a few years.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

19 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you can run windows deactivated, or sign up for windows insider and use windows 11 for free. no need to buy windows 10 when it's EOL in a few years.

Ok thanks.