Pi coin Network/App: Is this a thing now?

Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,

-= Topic moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining =-

1 hour ago, kitnoman said:

So I got invite for this Pi coin so that you can mine on your phone. This is real  and how safe would running this app on a phone? Anyone else heard of them?

Mining on your phone would be a massive waste, it would never produce any sufficient amount of return to justify the use of the hardware.

This is just a placebo app to make you think you are getting something.

So I got invite for this Pi coin so that you can mine on your phone. This is real  and how safe would running this app on a phone? Anyone else heard of them?

54 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

Just imagine. Are all the people who buy thousand dollar graphics cards and even more expensive stuff, fools? There is obviously a reason why they do that. Such an app seems sketchy at best. Even if it was legit, it would probably just be really really slow mining rate or, it would show you ads.

If I recall correctly, this app requires you to open the app once every few hours and click a button.(One of my friend urged me to install that, but I ended up not signing up)

I wouldn’t use such an app tbh.

"Coding skill isn’t about knowing how to make things; It’s about being able to find the right Stack Overflow code to copy paste."

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

-= Topic moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining =-

1 hour ago, kitnoman said:

Mining on your phone would be a massive waste, it would never produce any sufficient amount of return to justify the use of the hardware.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Got it thanks! 

Pi network doesn't use power to mine..apparently never read up on how it works..it uses the internet like router mining..but the more people in your group the better the security. Its still in beta. 

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master