what other forums do you go on?

adarw

quite interested lol

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, Benji said:

I actually used to be in quite a few computer and smartphone focused forums, but I decided to stick around only here because I wasn't really active in the other forums, so I had my accounts terminated in every forum besides this one.

How about you?

lol i never knew they terminated accounts, im not realy into other forums except the bike forum since im looking for a bike and dont know much so i post a post if a bike for sale is worth it. i sometimes ask stuff on [h]ardfourm but thats it. 

-----------------

#

Reddit if you can really count that as a forum. 

I used to be part of a few but I just grew disinterested or people started getting weird so I left

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

or people started getting weird so I left

a lot of people on the internet are weird lol

-----------------

#

On 8/13/2021 at 7:31 AM, adarw said:

quite interested lol

I use a gaming one called GBAtemp, it has homebrew and news threads.

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."

These days, Reddit? I used to be involved in a bunch of forums, but most of them faded into obscurity or the hosting didn't get paid.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Paradox Interactive off-topic.

Barely play the games but these are nice fellows.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Tesla Forum, Tesla motors club

Harley Forum, hdforums

Reddit, although I mostly just read here I never post shit.

In the past I've gone to other forums, mainly GameFAQs.

If you count Reddit as a forum, I go there to browse and answer some questions (really only /r/mechanicalkeyboards).

Nowadays if I want to interact with a community, I typically go to their Discord. That has really taken over much of the forum market for me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

TechPowerUp, GameFAQs, GBATemp

TPU for reviews/databases/funny interactions

GameFAQs to help people with Gen VI Pokemon
GBATemp for Nintendo game hacks

elephants

I'm not really active on anything other than Reddit and the LTT forum

but  I have used XDA, NotebookReview, and probably some others I don't remember. 

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i7-10510U @ Up to 4.3 GHz all core
- GPU: MX 250
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 2133MTs

Storage: 128GB SATA M.2 (NVMe no worky)
Display: Main 1080p@60Hz + Screnpad Plus 1920x515@60Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

I used to be kind of a big deal at the TFW2005 forums in the 2000s.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Reddit if that counts but only a "select" few subreddits.

Posted a lot for years on Penny Arcade up until 2017-ish. 

Used to post on Gamers With Jobs but stopped because for a forum where theoretically everybody's an adult it's more cliquish than high school. 

Not counting various forums for specific games or whatever over the years, too many to recall. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

VideoHelp and reddit,

I have tried using steve hoffman forums once or twice, but nearly everybody there seems to be a fricking audiophile urging me to buy 1000$ equipment and mono vinyls

i use to post on mcarterbrown a paintball forms but since i buy pc parts i have no money left for paintball...

i used to be on a blizzard hacking site to run dablo 2 bots but was tired or having to keep updating the bot...

was on redit a bit for no man sky back then the misery of the portal. fun times  and i would glitch the game...

oh also go on redit for diablo 2 post pics of my single player.

504013184_nmsstupidlight.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

The only forums I'm really active on these days is the LTT forum, WinWorld, and a few different subreddits on Reddit. Other than that I'm too busy. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Reddit's pretty toxic.

Liking this place and stackoverflow.

usually this or reddit 

in the past I used to frequent different forums (when I started to have easy acess to the internet), but after a while I realized that most of those groups are made by mindless fandom, and that it was just wasted time 

In particular, of level of cringeness:

A forum about a particular game who also did publish copy pasted news from other sources, that did limit your actions whenever you prove them wrong or if you were talking about leaks that they haven't still published a news, "because that would cause them an economic damage", or then one time they even tried to lure me in a some sort of meeting with the game ceos

a forum like this one, but where admins didn't allow to almost anyone to open threads, "because you can find it by googling" , then why the hell do they even have a forum?

[/forum]

On 8/20/2021 at 1:39 AM, willies leg said:

Reddit's pretty toxic.

Liking this place and stackoverflow.

lol, and stackoverflow isn't toxic?

I went to the Dark Demon because I liked to do animations (stick man fights and such), around 2016. The community still lives in a discord server tho.

I also joined a few magic forums since I liked card tricks and street magic, the Magic Cafe is one of the big ones and it is still quite active.

Nowadays I just joined this place and I also follow some mailing lists, which are basically forums that let you answer via email, as well as seeing new threads, most of them are to offer support and report bugs and feature requests of free software projects, like K9 Mail, AntennaPod or Syncthing, as well as the Endeavour OS forum, which is from the Linux distro I currently use!

I used to inhabit HardOCP's forums, many many years ago.

I've also been active on several Subaru forums, though now that I no longer have a Subaru, I'm not really going there anymore.

The RC Crawler forum was kinda... Neat. But I stopped going there when I couldn't get parts for my RC, and I decided to just throw it in a box and leave it on a shelf for the past 4 years.

There was a massive Anime forum that I actually ran for a really popular website many, MANY years ago. It had about 20-40X the traffic of this forum, and I had an army of Admins and Mods, but sadly, the lady that ran the website decided that she wanted to internally host the forum, and... Then didn't. So, we weren't linked anymore on her website, and our user base dropped off. I was actually paying a monthly rate for the forum based on the traffic, so when it went from around $80/month to $12/month, I just shut it down.

Currently, I'm only active here and on the Tacoma forums. I occasionally go around some Subaru forums still, and very rarely go to Anime boards anymore.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

well...I'm on a lot of different forums that I probably can't post here as some are of the questionable variety, but are interesting nonetheless (and resourceful).

Most commonly accepted normal people forums? LTT, Neowin, Diablo, Reddit. I mostly lurk. 👻

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, WolframaticAlpha said:

lol, and stackoverflow isn't toxic?

If you want to get your question answered, answer it incorrectly with another account and they will do their thing.