Buying or Building a Gaming PC

Budget (including currency): $900 - $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Fortnite, Valorant, Rocket League and all other high graphic games like GTA V and adobe apps that I use

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I want a 1920x1080 or a 4k(maybe not 4k because I think that will go over my budget) 144fps atleast running but I like it to run at 240fps I might buy a pre build at amazon but I don't know any pc that are good and SAFE to buy because I want the ram to be 3200mhz but I can switch it if I want to but can you guys tell how hard can I as a beginner build a PC???

ask questions if needed

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nrqqj2

Maybe something like this?

3700x 8 core, should be fine for your adobe apps and gaming though consider a 5800x instead if you can find a decent gpu for 500$

The stock cooler is already really good so no need to buy a cpu cooler (3700x), get an se 224 xt as i know you arent gonna overclock, though enable pbo and thatll take care of boosting your cpu

B550a pro, decent board for non ocing

32gb rgb ram, only around 5$ more than the non rgb variant and its dirt cheap for 32gb 3200mhz esp when its rgb

Montech x1 cause who needs expensive bs at this budget, good airflow and rgb fans

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nrqqj2

Maybe something like this?

3700x 8 core, should be fine for your adobe apps and gaming though consider a 5800x instead if you can find a decent gpu for 500$

The stock cooler is already really good so no need to buy a cpu cooler (3700x), get an se 224 xt as i know you arent gonna overclock, though enable pbo and thatll take care of boosting your cpu

B550a pro, decent board for non ocing

32gb rgb ram, only around 5$ more than the non rgb variant and its dirt cheap for 32gb 3200mhz esp when its rgb

Montech x1 cause who needs expensive bs at this budget, good airflow and rgb fans

Good suggestion, but he would probably be better off with a 5600X (6 cores) instead of a 3700X (8 cores but last gen, or 5800X of course). Adobe apps mostly use single core, and the 5600X (6 core) would have much better single core performance than 3700X (8 core). None of his uses really will benefit from 8 cores.

Wildcard is the GPU of course. Try to find a good used GPU I would say (GTX 1060 / 1070 / RTX 2060 or RX580 or something). That should get you by at 1080P for now, although not at 240fps. (144 fps perhaps, since the games you mention are not that demanding).

Also I would never cheap out too much on the case, since you can usually keep a case for 10+ years, you can do multiple builds in one case over the years if you buy a good one. Get something decent from Corsair, NZXT, Cooler Master, Fractal, etc. for maybe $20 more.

7 hours ago, KevinThatNothingMakeSense said:

I might buy a pre build at amazon but I don't know any pc that are good and SAFE to buy because I want the ram to be 3200mhz but I can switch it if I want to but can you guys tell how hard can I as a beginner build a PC??

I would stay away from prebuilt. Judging from Gamers' Nexus recent reviews of prebuilts, they come with a LOT of problems typically. You will be better of trying to build it yourself, it is not that hard. There are tons of Youtube video guides on how to build a PC, and you will learn something in the process.

23 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Get something decent from Corsair, NZXT, Cooler Master, Fractal, etc. for maybe $20 more.

Stay away from those non airflow cases, esp stay away from nzxt as most of their cases seem to have no airflow (looking at you h series)

You want a decent case that has good airdlow like the p400a, 4000d, 220t airflow, etc.

Though if you prefer cheaper cases then go for a montech x1, forge 100r, or neo silent