Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

list of LGA775 socket laptops?

I'd love to know how many old laptops there are with the lga775 socket that lasted from the pentium 4, pentium d and the core2 series, with my ultimate goal to find one that could fit a pentium d for maximum stupid factor and nothing else.

 

off the top of my head, i know these 'laptops' had LGA775.

 

Clevo D9T with Pentium4

Clevo D7T with Pentium4

Acer Aspire 1800 With Pentium4

HP/Compaq ZD8000/NX9600/X6000 with Pentium4

Clevo D9C with Core2

Asus C90 with Core2

Not LGA775, but honorable mention to Clevo D9F & X7200 for having LGA1366 and P570WM for having LGA2011

 

are there any more? which one was the first? can any of those support a Pentium D? who knows

 

Pics of Asus C90s for just how amazing and sleeper it was.

intro%20shot.jpg

 

Image_14.jpg

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Core 2 cpus are in M or P socket so i think most of the laptop are socketed.

 

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, gameboy3800 said:

I'd love to know how many old laptops there are with the lga775 socket that lasted from the pentium 4, pentium d and the core2 series, with my ultimate goal to find one that could fit a pentium d for maximum stupid factor and nothing else.

 

off the top of my head, i know these 'laptops' had LGA775.

 

Clevo D9T with Pentium4

Clevo D7T with Pentium4

Acer Aspire 1800 With Pentium4

HP/Compaq ZD8000/NX9600/X6000 with Pentium4

Clevo D9C with Core2

Asus C90 with Core2

Not LGA775, but honorable mention to Clevo D9F & X7200 for having LGA1366 and P570WM for having LGA2011

 

are there any more? which one was the first? can any of those support a Pentium D? who knows

 

Pics of Asus C90s for just how amazing and sleeper it was.

intro%20shot.jpg

 

Image_14.jpg

Oh i know something even more stupid factor

 

Find some g31 boards like a p5kpl or ga g31m, stick a p4 in it, and oc it to 5ghz

 

Cause whilst looking around on hwbot, someone with my board (g31m s2c) has managed to oc a p4 640 i think to 5.1ghz

 

Kinda weird since this board only goes to 1.6v, which is basically safe for literally all lga 775 cpus considering my 45nm core cpus can run 2v without dying and i even pushed ~2.2v but idk to my p4 631 on a 5.6ghz run on a p5q, though its now degraded ;-;

 

The p4 cpus have some pretty high multis so not hard to oc them to 5ghz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Core 2 cpus are in M or P socket so i think most of the laptop are socketed.

 

yea most laptops from the time do have removeable cpus, but i'm referring to laptops with the desktop socket 775 and those supported processors.

 

here you see the asus c90s i showed before how its a full lga 775 desktop cpu socket.
Image_21.jpg

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oh i know something even more stupid factor

 

Find some g31 boards like a p5kpl or ga g31m, stick a p4 in it, and oc it to 5ghz

 

Cause whilst looking around on hwbot, someone with my board (g31m s2c) has managed to oc a p4 640 i think to 5.1ghz

 

Kinda weird since this board only goes to 1.6v, which is basically safe for literally all lga 775 cpus considering my 45nm core cpus can run 2v without dying and i even pushed ~2.2v but idk to my p4 631 on a 5.6ghz run on a p5q, though its now degraded ;-;

 

The p4 cpus have some pretty high multis so not hard to oc them to 5ghz

yea p4s can get pretty stupid. i've got a clevo d9t laptop with a p4 that i've got running at 4.2ghz.

 

my goal is to put a pentium d desktop cpu into a lga775 laptop. i read somewhere that some system can do it with a bios update but i forget what system and i forget where i saw that post.

 

i'm also interested in knowing which of these lga775 pentium4 machines came out first just bc its useless pc knowledge. 

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gameboy3800 said:

yea p4s can get pretty stupid. i've got a clevo d9t laptop with a p4 that i've got running at 4.2ghz.

Howd you oc it tho, Bios or setfsb?

 

and if you are ocing via setfsb did you have to mod the pll chip?

 

btw do these laptops come with desktop chipsets like g31 or g41?

cause it would be pretty funny to run a quadcore like the x5470 and oc the sht out of it, maybe 4.5ghz? xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Howd you oc it tho, Bios or setfsb?

 

and if you are ocing via setfsb did you have to mod the pll chip?

 

 

btw do these laptops come with desktop chipsets like g31 or g41?

cause it would be pretty funny to run a quadcore like the x5470 and oc the sht out of it, maybe 4.5ghz? xD

my d9t has a 915g chipset. i used an old program called clockgen to get the up the fsb until the cpu crashed above 4.2ghz. if i could control voltage i could probably go higher. 

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, gameboy3800 said:

my d9t has a 915g chipset. i used an old program called clockgen to get the up the fsb until the cpu crashed above 4.2ghz. if i could control voltage i could probably go higher. 

Ive heard of clockgen though im still confused on how to use it

 

Though for raising volts try volt modding your cpu

 

You can only go up to 1.6v tho .-.

 

Search up celeron d 300 datasheet and on page 18 it will have some tables for the volts you can set via the vid pads on the cpu

 

To set a value of 0 on a pad, place some electrical tape over it

 

To set a value of 1 on a pad, connect it via conductive ink or maybe even pencil to a vcc pad

 

Theres basically no documentation on this other than doing it yourself since most ppl focus on bsel modding

 

And yes i do like hardware modding if you cant already tell xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×