Connect 3-pin pump to 4-pin CPU_FAN?

skeletonar

My Corsair h115i pro rgb xt use a 3-pin pump and on my rog strix z490-f motherboard it uses a 4-pin CPU_FAN header. It says in the manual that i should connect the 3-pin pump to CPU_FAN but now that they have different amount of pins, i dont know what to do! Please help me.

1 minute ago, skeletonar said:

My Corsair h115i pro rgb xt use a 3-pin pump and on my rog strix z490-f motherboard it uses a 4-pin CPU_FAN header. It says in the manual that i should connect the 3-pin pump to CPU_FAN but now that they have different amount of pins, i dont know what to do! Please help me.

Pumps should run at a fixed 12 V for most AIOs. Therefore

Advantage of using CPU_FAN header:

- You get to take advantage of CPU_FAN error in case the pump fails

- You don't have to turn off CPU_FAN error as it is occupied

Disadvatange of using CPU_FAN header:

- You need to remove fan curves (or set to PWM mode) to ensure pump gets the voltage it needs

3 pin fans are pin compatible with 4 pin headers, you can plug them to either one. Issue would be controlling fan/pump speed if motherboard doesnt support voltage control instead of PWM. That has been the case with my previous MSI motherboard.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

So it will be okay if I connect 3-pin to 4-pin CPU_FAN header?

In motherboard manual it says CPU_FANs default speed is "Q-Fan Controlled"

28 minutes ago, skeletonar said:

So it will be okay if I connect 3-pin to 4-pin CPU_FAN header?

Yes, just set either the pump control mode to full speed or PWM mode in BIOS (or both). Q-Fan is just Asus's fan control software in BIOS,