That moment you knew you should have ordered custom cables long ago!

King_PIN
6 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

馃檨

Well, you probably could do better if you tried. Mine is better

I'm willing to swim against the current.

15 minutes ago, leclod said:

No matter what I have 3x the length I need.聽 So there will be lot's of bulk no matter what I do.聽

2 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

No matter what I have 3x the length I need.聽 So there will be lot's of bulk no matter what I do.聽

Why does a psu ship with 3 times the length cables ?

and you haven't a miniitx or micro case, I do

2 minutes ago, leclod said:

Why does a psu ship with 3 times the length cables ?

and you haven't a miniitx or micro case, I do

I don't know you tell me.聽 You can see all the extra cabling there is.聽聽

36 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

Route the cables to the right of the power supply, then do an 180 back towards the components. Use zip ties to keep the cables in place, or stick some cable retainer on the side of the case with double sided adhesive tape.聽

image.png.cb6c2e6d83d3d1a4606f0f732a45893a.png

36 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

馃檨

IMG_20210805_010233.thumb.jpg.3c633e0d667d3b0ccf613a50e4114dea.jpg

2 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

I don't know you tell me.聽 You can see all the extra cabling there is.聽聽

It seems doable to shorten those cables and "repin" them with the right tool. Aliexpress probably sells those items. Probably cheaper than buying custom ones

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Route the cables to the right of the power supply, then do an 180 back towards the components. Use zip ties to keep the cables in place, or stick some cable retainer on the side of the case with double sided adhesive tape.聽

image.png.cb6c2e6d83d3d1a4606f0f732a45893a.png

I was thinking about doing that but the case has clear acrylic on both sides so whatever is in the back can be seen.聽聽

Even with custom cables there will be excess.聽聽

I was thinking about getting some black acrylic to box it in so they can't be seen.聽聽

case setup & power supply mis-match

You can find cables in the lengths you desire, just make sure you get the right cables so you don't smoke the components (good power supplies will refuse to turn on, but you CAN still damage things, and cheap power supplies will just start a fire with the wrong cables attached).

Get some black spray paint and paint the inside of your clear case panel with it, or get a plastic container or small cardboard box and paint it black and stick it over it.聽 Problem solved.

That looks like a recent model 'Be Quiet' power supply, they're supposedly pretty good, so I would keep the thing if it otherwise works and just change or remove (if not required) offending cables.聽 Surely you're not the first person with this debacle.

However, avoid any harsh right angles and definitely avoid any 180 degree folds on your cables.聽 There are metal wires inside that won't bend nearly as many times or as much as the plastic will, and can break.聽 That can cause all sorts of issues, none of which you want nor should desire to ever have to deal with as they're a real pain-in-the-you-know-where to figure out.聽 Normal tight routing conditions even after a dozen different times generally won't break anything not defective already, but avoid folding them too tight too many times.

2 hours ago, bob.blunderton said:

case setup & power supply mis-match

I would also avoid looping cables and passing other cables through that loop.

Sure, your cables are stupidly long, that happens.聽 A lot of PSUs have that "issue".

You could also do a much neater job of organizing the, and make that not look like utter crap.聽 Get some double sided velcro聽and try it out.聽聽

Wow relax folks.聽 I'm nearing the end of a build and nothing is finished yet.聽 Everything is tied up temporarily to keep stuff out of the way until I get things done.聽 I've spent a lot of time and money on this build to customize this case(first time) the way I like it.聽聽

Here is the front.聽聽

IMG_20210803_010759.thumb.jpg.79e9b6acfbfce797749586c810872a4d.jpgIMG_20210803_010742.thumb.jpg.c4f25b781b18134119ecc355f587b876.jpg

I like where your build is going and yes custom cables are gonna help. I actually have the opposite problem in that I have custom cables from my last build that I am sure are gonna be to short for my new case so that annoying

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

I like where your build is going and yes custom cables are gonna help. I actually have the opposite problem in that I have custom cables from my last build that I am sure are gonna be to short for my new case so that annoying

Thank you I appreciate it.聽 I was going to order customs a few weeks ago but I wanted to be sure before I dropped all that cash that I was getting what I need and not wasting my money.聽聽