Motherboard not powering

Lumexandra

I got a motherboard from Ali express for my zbook 15 g2 and tried fixing it. The motherboard after fixing, when connected to electricity is showing lights but won't come on when I tried to power it. Pls I need help urgently

Welcome to the forums!

first, are all connectors plugged in securely? Secondly, it’s likely that that motherboard is not legit. Most things from aliexpress are scams. So, by lights and not turning on, you mean it won’t post? Any irregular light patterns? Is there even a cpu under the cooler? Do you have a mechanical hard drive you could plug in to see if it spins up?

On 8/5/2021 at 3:14 AM, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

first, are all connectors plugged in securely? Secondly, it’s likely that that motherboard is not legit. Most things from aliexpress are scams. So, by lights and not turning on, you mean it won’t post? Any irregular light patterns? Is there even a cpu under the cooler? Do you have a mechanical hard drive you could plug in to see if it spins up?

Sorry for the very late reply dude, internet connection problems. Turns out that the motherboard is half dead, power is not reaching the power cable. I have informed the buyer and I am pushing for a refund. Thanks for time, really appreciate it