Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ryzen 5 2600 CPU Temps......

Go to solution Solved by svmlegacy,

High temperatures are not inherently a problem. CPU's will automaticallly throttle back if they overheat (if that hasn't been disabled), or shut down if the temps become critical.

Tjmax for a Ryzen 5 2600 is 95 deg C.

So recently I've noticed my temps have increased and i was curious so i went ahead and did a stress test and here is what i did:

first off i have the glass panel off and i have the stock cooler, mind you it has been 3 years since i bought it never changed my thermal paste

and also keep in mind i have it underclocked at 2.8 Ghz

i did for the first 5 mins a stress test with a house fan directly facing into the pc and the temp was sitting at 71 degrees 100% load

however, once i removed the fan and left it for another 5 mins the temps had risen to 81-83 as shown in the pictures

although when im gaming like playing gta 5 highest graphics full load as well they rise to 90

and my idle temperature is 45-50 with 3-6 % load

so is this temperature fine for my pc at full load and are my idle temperatures good (its hot where i live mid day it reaches 42 degrees and room temperature is usually 30) ? 

cpu 1.PNG

cpu 2.PNG

cpu 3.PNG

High temperatures are not inherently a problem. CPU's will automaticallly throttle back if they overheat (if that hasn't been disabled), or shut down if the temps become critical.

Tjmax for a Ryzen 5 2600 is 95 deg C.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Nvidia RTX 2060, 16 GB 2400 MT/s DDR4 Fedora 34 x86_64

Secondary: Intel Xeon W3680, AMD Radeon HD 6950, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: 2x Intel Xeon X5670, 72 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3 Fedora 34 x86_64

alright thanks, i'll definitely try to change the thermal paste as well