27GP950-B - Enabling all the features help

SightUp

LG's website shows the max you can do is 10bit color and 4k res at 120hz on a console. What about on a PC? HDMI 2.1 supports a lot of more bandwidth. Can anyone with this monitor confirm if 10bit, 4k, at 144hz or even 180 like their site shows is possible on a PC? If the limitation truly is 10bit color and 4k res at 120hz on even PC, I would be better at getting last years model and saving a few $100 dollars.

On PC you'll have to use a DP 1.4 connection and a GPU that supports DSC (display-stream-compression). All RX 5000 and RTX 2000 series GPUs and newer support it. Then you'll be able to use it at 4K 144Hz 10bit without any chroma subsampling. But last year's model can do that too. Literally the ONLY noteworthy difference between the two is that the newer one has a HDMI 2.1 port for consoles, with the older one being limited to 4K 60Hz. On PC you'll still get more bandwidth with the DP 1.4 DSC connection than with the HDMI 2.1 integration. If i were to choose between the two i'd get last year's model to save the money. II don't own or plan to own any of the current consoles, so the HDMI 2.1 port does nothing for me. As a matter of fact i used the 27GN950 for about half a year and can approve that it is a very nice monitor. Altough 4K at 27" is very debateable. There is a noticeable increas in sharpness and detail, but in most games it's barely noticeable compared to 1440p at this size, which is why i went back to a 35" 1440p ultrawide rather than keeping the 27GN950 in use.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.