What do you hate about Windows 11?

I hate having the icons on the middle of the taskbar while having also those on the right, it looks stupid. I hate having a huge taskbar without the possibility of making it smaller (excepting registry, which is bugging it). I hate having huge menus with very few options. I hate that I have to click right click on desktop to get a huge shitty menu and to click "see more options" to get the old menu that was smaller and far better, with many options. I also hate the thing that is replacing the ribbon in Windows Explorer. I hate the options on the right of the taskbar, all of them. Why are sound and network combined? And why you can't easily select a network anymore? And why is the calendar merged with the notifications? And the old calendar, with that big clock, was looking much better! And why I can't set the clock to a 24-hour format? I hate the start menu. Why I can't directly see the list of apps? Now the first "screen" of the start menu is a shittier version of the Live Tiles, and I need to do one more click to see all apps. And all of those system requirements...

I hate that it even exists.....

the sheer boldness of microsoft to force windows 10 on people who never wanted it claiming it;'s the last ever OS only to flat out replace it immediately with a worse version..... again..... ugh......

Whats funny is the short term memory of people , like.... it took only a few years for people to forget that frosted glass UI was already a thing. It's just amazing to watch almost goldfish like memory when it comes to software.

In honesty, I don't actually hate anything about it. Do I modestly dislike some things that are likely going to change prior to release? Sure. Will there be things about it even when it hits final release that I don't like much? Most definintely.

But I don't hate anything.

In terms of backwards compatibility, I know it's a hot topic but it doesn't effect me. Selfish much? Well, I'd say to that, if it did effect me, I'd either stay with 10 or look at other options (Linux) and upgrade when I would naturally have upgraded anyway.

The thread title asks a loaded question.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

ill prob stick to debloated w10 or dual boot with linux

W11 looks like an even worse version of w10 with possibly more bloatware and the fact that you have to use a freaking ms account if you dont have w11 pro which is fking bullshit

All the usual things I hate about win10 are valid for win11.

Telemetry, schizo "settings" vs "control panel" a UI that is all over the place, etc.

WIn11 is a skin, like 8.1 was over 8

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, cacoe said:

In terms of backwards compatibility, I know it's a hot topic but it doesn't effect me.

I guess a better way to understand the frustration that comes from backward compatibility is the implication from microsoft that

"anything that existed previously should no longer exist"

Which basically implies that whatever you were previously doing you should stop and not do anymore becuase it's incorrect. So obviously people are going to have a problem with being told they are wrong. lol

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

I guess a better way to understand the frustration that comes from backward compatibility is the implication from microsoft that

"anything that existed previously should no longer exist"

Which basically implies that whatever you were previously doing you should stop and not do anymore becuase it's incorrect. So obviously people are going to have a problem with being told they are wrong. lol

I won't defend Microsoft's choice to exclude older processors and mobos due to lack of TPM compatiblity, I think if you were going to actually hate anything about Windows 11, that would be a fairly valid reason if it affects you, however, I think the term hate is being thrown around a little willy nilly in general here 🤣

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

1 minute ago, emosun said:

So obviously people are going to have a problem with being told they are wrong. lol

Ppl are just gonna be angry for a month or 2 then just deal with w11 being shittier as per usual

Again only very few ppl will go to linux and most will prob go mac if they dont wanna deal with windows 11

Not the win 11 itself bcs I have no idea how the actual user experience like, but instead a type People that whining Their pc not compatible with win11

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

1 minute ago, cacoe said:

I won't defend Microsoft's choice to exclude older processors and mobos due to lack of TPM compatiblity, I think if you were going to actually hate anything about Windows 11, that would be a fairly valid reason if it effects you, however, I think the term hate is being thrown around a little willy nilly in general hear 🤣

well I get moody so hate is pretty accurate for me lol

The supposed hardware limitations are pretty lame, the new start menu honestly blows chunks, and the right click menus make no sense at all right now. Honorary mention goes to how fucking useless the menu is when you right click on the taskbar.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, flibberdipper said:

Honorary mention goes to how fucking useless the menu is when you right click on the taskbar.

but don't you wanna know the weather?  lol. then go into the recycle bin to check the stock market?

I don't hate the overall os, I'm actually liking using it. 

What I hate is how piss poor Microsoft's messaging has been. 

I hate the fact that they're selling a $3,500 computer brand new that can't be upgraded to Windows 11.

I hate that they're acting like Windows 11 is the greatest thing to hit computers in the history of computers (when it's just Windows 10 with a fresh coat of paint and security requirements they've enforced on the server side for a few years now). 

On 8/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, emosun said:

I hate that it even exists.....

the sheer boldness of microsoft to force windows 10 on people who never wanted it claiming it;'s the last ever OS only to flat out replace it immediately with a worse version..... again..... ugh......

Whats funny is the short term memory of people , like.... it took only a few years for people to forget that frosted glass UI was already a thing. It's just amazing to watch almost goldfish like memory when it comes to software.

Yeah, quite annoying. But while Win 10 was messy at launch, now it's decent. Meanwhile, Win 11 feels just like a downgrade.

Also, make emo grat again, lmfao xD

2 hours ago, Alexandru Costache said:

Yeah, quite annoying. But while Win 10 was messy at launch, now it's decent. Meanwhile, Win 11 feels just like a downgrade.

Also, make emo grat again, lmfao xD

Right now it might seem like that because it is in beta. I have been daily driving it for work and overall do like it. There are some bugs I run into but nothing breaking usability and Microsoft knows about them already. 

3 hours ago, Alexandru Costache said:

But while Win 10 was messy at launch, now it's decent.

call me crazy but "decent" should be when I bought the product not 6 years later