Doesn't not having a dedicated gpu effect cpu overclocking?

Just curious about it. I get a lot of cpu + mobo combos to test out. I just rented out my 1660S to my friend for some reasons.
Now, should I be concerned about testing cpus without a dedicated gpu?

So many questions....

What do you mean you get a lot of CPU+Mobos to test? From where? To test for what? I take it they must all be APUs if you don't have a graphics card to test them now?

If you're testing them, why are you overclocking them? Are you testing what overclock they can achieve? if so and they're APUs yes, that can affect the situation because both video and general CPU tasks are being done on the same die, meaning more heat... and power requirement will be higher to start with.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

On 8/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, cacoe said:

So many questions....

What do you mean you get a lot of CPU+Mobos to test? From where? To test for what? I take it they must all be APUs if you don't have a graphics card to test them now?

If you're testing them, why are you overclocking them? Are you testing what overclock they can achieve? if so and they're APUs yes, that can affect the situation because both video and general CPU tasks are being done on the same die, meaning more heat... and power requirement will be higher to start with.

I usually oc for people who aren't brave enough to tinker with their pc on their own (Not apus).
I guess I have to hold of for now until the gpu returns. 

Slightly concerning that you overclock for for people but don't know the answer to this question..............

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT