Right cable for the 3060?

AverageLeo

Right cable for the 3060?

Most competent PSU have 2 8 pins or 2 6+2 that you can break off 1 for a 6 pin. Avoid adapter when you can.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

you can, but why?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If your PSU doesn't have a pair of 6+2 pin cables, then you should probably replace the PSU rather than using an adapter.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

If the psu you have doesn't have the cables needed then it's a psu that was not made to handle this kinda of load and you forcing it to will only lead to disaster down the line.

What psu do you have? Not just wattage and efficieny but the actual model.

39 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Most competent PSU have 2 8 pins or 2 6+2 that you can break off 1 for a 6 pin. Avoid adapter when you can.

38 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can, but why?

27 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If your PSU doesn't have a pair of 6+2 pin cables, then you should probably replace the PSU rather than using an adapter.

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If the psu you have doesn't have the cables needed then it's a psu that was not made to handle this kinda of load and you forcing it to will only lead to disaster down the line.

What psu do you have? Not just wattage and efficieny but the actual model.

I have this Corsair RM650X,

My question is, can I use the 6+2+6+2 cable and where can I find 8+6 cable?
I have a mild Coin Whine and I try to eliminate bad factors. 

~Leo

Just now, AverageLeo said:

I have this Corsair RM650X,

My question is, can I use the 6+2+6+2 cable and where can I find 8+6 cable?
I have a mild Coin Whine and I try to eliminate bad factors. 

Yes the 6+2 pin is your 8pin. So 8+6 pin means a 6+2 and 6 pin plugged into the card. That cable you showed is basically a cable that overloads a single connector by allowing it to draw double the power from it to power 2 ports instead of one and that is a huge no go.

The coil whine is from power draw not your cables totally unrelated.

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes the 6+2 pin is your 8pin. So 8+6 pin means a 6+2 and 6 pin plugged into the card. That cable you showed is basically a cable that overloads a single connector by allowing it to draw double the power from it to power 2 ports instead of one and that is a huge no go.

The coil whine is from power draw not your cables totally unrelated.

So what am I supposed to do?

Please use baby instructions cuz I'm stupid and my English isn't great. 

~Leo

1 minute ago, AverageLeo said:

So what am I supposed to do?

Please use baby instructions cuz I'm stupid and my English isn't great. 

You use the two separate 6+2 cables you said your PSU had. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

You use the two separate 6+2 cables you said your PSU had. 

Can I order separate 6 PIN and 8 PIN cables and use them?

I don't like the extra 2 pins bouncing next to my GPU.

~Leo

4 minutes ago, AverageLeo said:

Can I order separate 6 PIN and 8 PIN cables and use them?

I don't like the extra 2 pins bouncing next to my GPU.

You would need to either use extensions, or order custom cables from CableMod.