Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency): $2000

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: college work, cod, warzone, nba 2k, gta, csgo, valorant, valheim, minecraft, fortnite

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zv469N

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($529.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($155.42 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Walmart) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 215 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: NZXT AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack 
Total: $1385.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-04 03:44 EDT-0400

Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Don't build it now, you're going to sell a kidney, your house, and 35 years of hard labour to afford an RTX 3080. 
     
  2. See 1.
     
  3. Intel isn't competitive right now. Go AMD. Even a lower-tier AMD like the 5600x. 
     
  4. The top tier of air coolers - the NH D15 - will outperform that AIO both in terms of cooling performance and noise, and will save you a bunch.

 

All in all, I don't recommend any of this. I'd buy the cheapest possible used parts to get you by - something like a used GTX 1050 in a Dell Optiplex - until GPU prices are back to normal. I wouldn't recommend building the rest and using a placeholder GPU either, because in 1 or 2 years when GPU prices are normal again, there will be better CPUs, Motherboards, DDR5 RAM for your money

 

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master Moondrop Aria IEM

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X6g8Gq

 

So I build you something a bit more competitive.

And no, you wont be getting an RTX 3080. Not for 750$ or even 1200$. You may be getting an RTX 3070 TI or something like that, but no 3080 - the market is very weird, Linus explains this in his latest video about the RX 6600XT.

 

Go AMD, it's the better choice right now.

Dont need to watercool the 5600X, which will be enough for gaming. Yes, a better CPU could be better, but you need the budget for the GPU.

Yes, a 1TB SSD is nice, but you have a lot of games on that list, better go HDD and save a buck there, because you need the budget for the GPU.

You get the selection process.

 

You can wait, of course, but prices will be coming down maybe in 1 to 2 years. And not magically, but slowly.

So either adapt, go small system now and upgrade on the way (like the system I made you) or wait. Because DDR5, better CPU's und GPU's will also be expensive at launch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by college work?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

What do you mean by college work?

Papers, word, excel, PowerPoint 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, w Berg w said:

Budget (including currency): $2000

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: college work, cod, warzone, nba 2k, gta, csgo, valorant, valheim, minecraft, fortnite

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zv469N

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($529.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($155.42 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Walmart) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 215 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: NZXT AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack 
Total: $1385.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-04 03:44 EDT-0400

Looks like a great build to me! I would suggest getting 32GB RAM if you're going to 10 cores. Although if you don't do a lot multitasking, 16GB will be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, w Berg w said:

Papers, word, excel, PowerPoint 

There's zero need for a 10900k for any of your tasks, a 5600x, 5600G or 10700 will be more than enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($105.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($110.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $560.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-04 18:19 EDT-0400

Get a 5600G when it gets released today.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, soundlogic said:
  • Don't build it now, you're going to sell a kidney, your house, and 35 years of hard labour to afford an RTX 3080. 
     
  • See 1.

 

10 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

And no, you wont be getting an RTX 3080. Not for 750$ or even 1200$.

A little patience goes a long ways. I blocked social media links and affiliate codes out.

Spoiler

 

image.png.fdb3b0efe09c5f565e9f5c848479143b.png

 

3 hours ago, w Berg w said:

Papers, word, excel, PowerPoint 

A 5800x will be on par with the 10900k for a lot cheaper, but a 5600x will be plenty as @Herman Mcpootispointed out. 

Edited by IkeaGnome
Didn't do a good job with a couple of the links in the picture.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x, Motherboard MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Raedon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mini, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now; UPerfect 7 inch LCD Aida64 Display, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×