i need a new laptop with a good trackpad , screen and body

hey

so my current laptop a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) battery is dying. so i'm trying to figure out whether I want to repair it ore buy a new laptop.

So I’m looking of suggestions for a new laptop as I find it vary had to find a laptop that manages to give me a as good or better user/interfacing experience then my current laptop.

my requirements for a new windows laptop is.

• a trackpad that’s as good or better as my current macbook pro 
    • why is it so hard to find a non-mac with a good trackpad?
  • a screen with as good as my current macbook  
    • note is really like the why mac osx uses the 2880 × 1800 resolution but i don't think windows scales as well with resolution.
  • And a nice and robust laptop body like the aluminium body of the MacBook pro

thanks in advance i really hop to find a windows laptop thats as good as my current 2014 macbook pro 

9 minutes ago, tuborge said:

why is it so hard to find a non-mac with a good trackpad?

Because of hardware variety and lack of proper driver support. Apple has full control of the hardware they use, hence they can optimize it the best.

If you are already in the Apple ecosystem, why are you looking for a Windows laptop instead of a new M1 MacBook Pro? I honestly don't think you will be getting a better user interface or user experience on any Windows laptop - there are quite a few things, that MacOS simply does better. Also, how much is your budget?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

Because of hardware variety and lack of proper driver support. Apple has full control of the hardware they use, hence they can optimize it the best.

If you are already in the Apple ecosystem, why are you looking for a Windows laptop instead of a new M1 MacBook Pro? I honestly don't think you will be getting a better user interface or user experience on any Windows laptop - there are quite a few things, that MacOS simply does better. Also, how much is your budget?

i been using mac laptops for over 10 years now. a mac air before my current macbook pro and have over the years had a shit ton a issues with software compatibility issues. witch i there is ways around but it creates alot of issues.

Wile i in the past have had to admit that appel made the best laptops for my use. have i never like apple as a company.
so i will chose the best product for my use case, but i will always take a long hard look at what’s happening at the windows laptop side of things before supporting a company i really don't like.

also the apple ecosystem is not anything i really use. as i dont have any othere apple products ore like the high level of manufacture controle over the user experience.

M1 Macbook. Any of them really. 

Failing that, Dell XPS. Any of those too. 

Replacing the battery in your macbook is easy as can be pretty much. Plenty of tutorials about it and all it requires is some patience and the right screw driver and prying tool from amazon that is like 2$.

I mean there are a bunch of options out there for laptops but you didn't specify a budget or what you are going to do on it so before I can recommend anything can I know those 2 things first?

budget is capped at 2.5 k usd. 

for performance i really don't need much, now a days i only use the browser some basic office programs and a few math specifik tools that dont need any kinda real power. 

i was looking on youtube earlier today and saw a LTT video about the sensel keypad witch i think might giv me what i want in a tuchpad but i cant find a laptop with it 😞 

While people have valid reasons to choose one platform over another, I don’t think you’ll find a notebook that’s objectively the same or better built than a MacBook right now. Same goes for the trackpad.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

On 8/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, Roswell said:

While people have valid reasons to choose one platform over another, I don’t think you’ll find a notebook that’s objectively the same or better built than a MacBook right now. Same goes for the trackpad.

i been looking around alot and it starting to seem like thats the case 😞