Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, so I am going to have a weak gpu (NVS 300) and am going to have a second gpu (5600xt) in the second slot. could I play gamess with the second gpu while not using the first for gaming. I need the first one there so dont say "Just remove the nvs 300 and put the 5600xt in the first)

4 minutes ago, JuliusW said:

I need the first one there so dont say "Just remove the nvs 300 and put the 5600xt in the first)

why do you need the first one?

depends on the config, but maybe. I have used setups like this before, but it can be picky.

7 minutes ago, JuliusW said:

Alright, so I am going to have a weak gpu (NVS 300) and am going to have a second gpu (5600xt) in the second slot. could I play gamess with the second gpu while not using the first for gaming. I need the first one there so dont say "Just remove the nvs 300 and put the 5600xt in the first)

Why dont you put the 5600XT first and move the 300 to where the 5600XT will be? 

/|\
|

Look at this idiots post 🤣

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

why do you need the first one?

depends on the config, but maybe. I have used setups like this before, but it can be picky.

im dual booting windows with linux, the pure windows is for VR, and the windows VM is for other things. I like having control of windows.but setting up a vr vm is going to be a bigger pain then I want it to be.

1 minute ago, JuliusW said:

im dual booting windows with linux, the pure windows is for VR, and the windows VM is for other things. I like having control of windows.but setting up a vr vm is going to be a bigger pain then I want it to be.

Why not have windows be the vm host os? Then run a linux vm for linux tasks in hyper-v? THen you can use a single gpu, and a virtual gpu for linux.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why not have windows be the vm host os? Then run a linux vm for linux tasks in hyper-v? THen you can use a single gpu, and a virtual gpu for linux.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

I want to have linux be the primary use, and then learn how to do gpu passthrough. I would explain what I want to do, but everytime it goes off topic.

Just now, JuliusW said:

I want to have linux be the primary use, and then learn how to do gpu passthrough. I would explain what I want to do, but everytime it goes off topic.

You can do gpu passthough if you want with windows server and run that on your desktop

Id really run windows as the host here. Much less hassle, better performance. Or game in the windows vm.

But if you really want, id just disable that first gpu in windows, and don't have the windows vr plugged into the nvs card.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can do gpu passthough if you want with windows server and run that on your desktop

Id really run windows as the host here. Much less hassle, better performance. Or game in the windows vm.

But if you really want, id just disable that first gpu in windows, and don't have the windows vr plugged into the nvs card.

alright thank you. and if you want to know, I want to setup a splitscreen computer for me and freinds to play games splitscreen style together. I think it would be fun to play tf2, minecraft modded, etc. splitscreen style with friends. and everytime I say this. I get "Just use online multiplayer" or "just have them bring their computer" That is not possible, especially since one of their computers are unable to run most games. plus this would be a fun project to do.