Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280 for FX-9590

Hello all. I have an AMD FX-9590 (and compatible motherboard, an ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0) lying around and want to put them to good use. However, as we all know, the FX series is known for its ability to put out heat. 

Coincidentally, I also happen to have an Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280mm aio that I believe is more than capable of handling the beast. However, it seems this particular AIO is not compatible with the AM3+ socket. 

I have tried searching for adapters to no avail, so I figure I'd ask here to see if anyone has had any luck. I currently have a Dark Rock Pro 4 attached to it, but I'm not sure how feasible that's going to be in the long run. 

Any help would be appreciated.

26 minutes ago, grumpysnail43 said:

Hello all. I have an AMD FX-9590 (and compatible motherboard, an ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0) lying around and want to put them to good use. However, as we all know, the FX series is known for its ability to put out heat. 

Coincidentally, I also happen to have an Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280mm aio that I believe is more than capable of handling the beast. However, it seems this particular AIO is not compatible with the AM3+ socket. 

I have tried searching for adapters to no avail, so I figure I'd ask here to see if anyone has had any luck. I currently have a Dark Rock Pro 4 attached to it, but I'm not sure how feasible that's going to be in the long run. 

Any help would be appreciated.

i wish i had a FX-9590...i find hot cpus hot....i kid but it be fun to try and cool it. i mean you can sell it as it still desirable too collectors (i looked on ebay for one....ya $200...ya no.....

how would you no if it good long term? it ether works or dosent. whats the temp with the Dark Rock Pro 4?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

whats the temp with the Dark Rock Pro 4?

Not sure. The last time I had it powered on it was super unstable. I was also running a 450 watt psu so that definitely contributed. I need a more powerful power supply first and foremost.

if you want to be ghetto about it you could just zip tie it down