I am getting way less frames than i should normally get

AntreasOnyxLDR

My system:

I7-10700 (not K)

RX5700XT

2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz

Ever since i upgraded to a 165hz monitor from my 60hz tv i see big framedrops especially in minecraft (average 20fps without mods). In FS19 i get around 40 fps no matter what graphics settings i use. Cpu temps stay below 60°C and GPU usage is below 70% most of the time.Its so bad to the point my brother plays minecraft on PS4 because its more playable. (PS4 is also plugged on the new monitor). Could it be because of the monitor or something else?

4 minutes ago, AntreasOnyxLDR said:

My system:

I7-10700 (not K)

RX5700XT

2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz

Ever since i upgraded to a 165hz monitor from my 60hz tv i see big framedrops especially in minecraft (average 20fps without mods). In FS19 i get around 40 fps no matter what graphics settings i use. Cpu temps stay below 60°C and GPU usage is below 70% most of the time.Its so bad to the point my brother plays minecraft on PS4 because its more playable. (PS4 is also plugged on the new monitor). Could it be because of the monitor or something else?

20 fps in minecraft, or did you misspell? What are the rest of the specs?

I could get a stable 60fps in vanilla Minecraft at 1080p using an i5 4440 and GT 635 even while recording with Fraps.

Are you using RT in Minecraft? Are you doing something crazy like setting off a ton of TNT or using obscene amounts of redstone? Otherwise, your CPU and GPU should be good for averaging hundreds of FPS.