Samsung Odyssey G9 only allowing 120hz with RTX 2070

Henry Beaumont

I've enabled the 240hz mode on the monitor but on the Nvidia control panel the max refresh rate option is 120hz at 5120x1440 but it is running at 10 bit colour so i think dsc is working.

52 minutes ago, Henry Beaumont said:

I've enabled the 240hz mode on the monitor but on the Nvidia control panel the max refresh rate option is 120hz at 5120x1440 but it is running at 10 bit colour so i think dsc is working.

10 bit color is sometimes not compatible with 240hz.  Frequently too end advertised features only work with specific settings that may cause other problems.  A monitor advertised as, say 165hz may only do 165hz if particular settings and setups and overclocks are employed that may actually make 165hz not an acceptable solution for a particular user.  The problem is 144hz monitors are being advertised as 165 hz rather than 144hz 165hz capable.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.