repair Zotac GTX 1070 mini

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Getting the chip replaced might fix it. As far as I can see this power circuit is a bit later in the chain so probably semi fine ish (but not really) when doing nothing but the moment the card needs more power it most likely shorts out and does a die. Which is pretty bad for your computer. I'd not use this card any more to make sure your system doesn't get fried over time.

Hi, my computer once just hanged itself while working, no bsod, just hanged, i restarted my pc and cpu light blinked on gigabyte mobo's ez debug lights and then turned off after 0.5secs. and then nothing happened. no lights no boot no post.

i removed my gpu and the computer booted on intel hd graphics.

i examined the gpu and saw a burnt chip. idk what it is but i think its mosfet. the exact one i have marked. 

anyway i went to a repair shop and he quoted me 120$ for repair. i couldnt possibly give him 120$ for a chip replacement on a gpu that i bought for 180$.

i took the gpu to one of my friend's and he told me it is just a switch and if you remove it might turn off one of your display output port(which i doubted) and he used heatgun and did a thrifty job on removing the chip.

i plugged the gpu and it working fine. did a stress test and it is working fine.Inked5af0e022bb58c_ScreenShot2018-05-08at9_24_04am.png.9452e9c506a5995df2fc436e0036f7aa_LI.thumb.jpg.4bd873eb38019195a916fe0aaa027448.jpg

i want to ask what are the drawbacks of running gpu as it is without repairing it because i barely have money to repair and cannot afford a new one..

any heads up will be appreciated! <3

I think thats part of the power delivery so yeah I mean the card won't work without it and won't work with it broken so basically this card is toast as it is right now and will only get worse.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I think thats part of the power delivery so yeah I mean the card won't work without it and won't work with it broken so basically this card is toast as it is right now and will only get worse.

i am actually replying to you using that thrifted gpu LOL. you are saying that its a power delivery and if gpu anytime working, needed power. it will die on me? or are you saying that even if i get the chip replaced the card will be toast? 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-03 at 6.40.01 PM.jpeg

Getting the chip replaced might fix it. As far as I can see this power circuit is a bit later in the chain so probably semi fine ish (but not really) when doing nothing but the moment the card needs more power it most likely shorts out and does a die. Which is pretty bad for your computer. I'd not use this card any more to make sure your system doesn't get fried over time.