How to capture 1% Average & 99% Average FPS

Harsha

Can anyone tell me how to capture and extract 1% Average & 99% Average FPS

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, easiest solution is to use MSI Afterburner/RTSS' builtin benchmark mode. 

image.png.ab706724ed6df583a2e189ac10778957.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

But it says 1% Low and 0.1% Low. are these two same ?

8 minutes ago, Harsha said:

No.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

then can you tell me how to get 1% Average & 99% Average FPS please

51 minutes ago, Harsha said:

then can you tell me how to get 1% Average & 99% Average FPS please

What exactly do you mean with "1% average" or "99% average", what are you after? There are multiple quantities that we typically quote in this context: the average and for example the 99th percentile (which turns into a 1% low FPS). Those percentiles are often based on frametimes and the Xth percentile means that X% of frames is rendered in that time or less.

1 hour ago, Harsha said:

No, they are the 1% low and 0.1% low. They tell you the slowest X% of frames, i.e. the value below which 1% or 0.1% of your framerate falls (or the average of the slowest 1% or 0.1% of frames, depending on what exactly they report). If your 1% low is 20 FPS and you render 1000 frames, then 10 of those frames will be rendered at 20 FPS or lower and the remaining 990 at 20 FPS or higher. For a perceived stable framerate you want the lows and average to be close.

The average framerate is just that: the FPS you hit on average. This can be misleading however. It hides any framedrops or instabilities in the framerate. Imagine rendering 2 frames in 0.9 s and then 58 frames in 0.1 s. The average number of frames per second will be 60, but you will notice the unstable framerate because effectively those 2 frames ran at a much lower FPS. Similarly the absolute minimum framerate is unreliable as well as that may be 1 FPS while loading, for example. Therefore, those drops or instabilities are something are probed by measuring how fast frames are renderend and looking at the Xth percentiles / X% lows or the average of all values below those.

The 99th percentile (Q99) of frametimes, tells you that 99% of frames is rendered faster than that time. Since FPS is basically the inverse of frametime, that means 99% of the time your FPS will be higher than 1 / (Q99 frametime) and as such 1% of the time your FPS is lower. Similarly, the 99.9th percentile (Q99.9) tells you 99.9% of frames are rendered faster than this value, giving you the FPS value you achieve 99.9% of the time and hence 0.1% of FPS is lower than this.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB