Are there any decent prices for a 3080 out there yet

SlurpD

So I’ve been looking and I have a budget of like 900 US dollars  for a graphics card but I’m not finding anything good yet. I know this is probably redundant by now but I was wondering on how long you guys would think it would take for things to calm down a bit more and get closer to msrp.

Nope. Basically continue waiting.

When will it calm down? Probably never at this point. Mining is too profitable and probably here to stay for a while, scalpers keep scalping and well any card that do end up on shelves are gone instantly when someone finds them.

8 minutes ago, SlurpD said:

So I’ve been looking and I have a budget of like 900 US dollars  for a graphics card but I’m not finding anything good yet.

900 USD would get you a 3060 in my country

maybe not, it's $1100 the last time i checked

3080 are still $1750 or so, but it's a huge drop from $2000 when the 3080ti released

9 minutes ago, SlurpD said:

I was wondering on how long you guys would think it would take for things to calm down a bit more and get closer to msrp.

personally, i'd wager on 2023 when new fabs come online, but will have to see how the pandemic goes and such

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

3080 are still $1750 or so, but it's a huge drop from $2000 when the 3080ti released

personally, i'd wager on 2023 when new fabs come online, but will have to see how the pandemic goes and such

At this point I just see miners buying even more as well they'll have time to buy even more defunct or unused power generation facilities to just keep on mining away.

58 minutes ago, SlurpD said:

So I’ve been looking and I have a budget of like 900 US dollars  for a graphics card but I’m not finding anything good yet. I know this is probably redundant by now but I was wondering on how long you guys would think it would take for things to calm down a bit more and get closer to msrp.

The only store i'm aware of selling cards at MSRP is Bestbuy, but you'll have to wait because of the silicon shortage, mining and scalpers aren't helping with prices either.

50 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Nope. Basically continue waiting.

When will it calm down? Probably never at this point. Mining is too profitable and probably here to stay for a while, scalpers keep scalping and well any card that do end up on shelves are gone instantly when someone finds them.

Even if cards were plentiful I doubt Nvidia would sell a $699 3080 again because they can sell every card they have for twice the cost.

43 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Here you apparently get a 3060Ti for 760usd, a 3070 for 1050

I'm willing to swim against the current.

29 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The only store i'm aware of selling cards at MSRP is Bestbuy, but you'll have to wait because of the silicon shortage, mining and scalpers aren't helping with prices either.

Even if cards were plentiful I doubt Nvidia would sell a $699 3080 again because they can sell every card they have for twice the cost.

Probably and people are still buying cards. They can do this for a good few years as well people invested into their computer so now they cannot really easily move platform and boom now you have the story of consoles locking you in but on pc.

This trend won't break till one of the big 3 decide to lower the prices. Because at this point people just buy anything no matter who made it.