My PC won't power on!!!

SidStorm

Hey Guys.

I am facing a weird issue with my pc. since the last few days, my machine just won't power on in the morning but if I do manage to get it started, it works fine the whole day long, until the next morning when I power on again & also the internal clock is runs a few hours behind every time this phenomenon happens. First time it happened, I tried reseating the ram & that solved the issue for that day. The next day again with the same issue but this time nothing I did helped. I tried unplugging the power cable for the motherboard & CPU, I tried shorting the power switch pins on Motherboard, Nothing worked. Then, against by better judgment, I tried using a hairdryer on the motherboard for a minute or so, that seemed to do the trick. Since the last two days, my PC won't start in the mornings until I use the hairdryer and it works flawlessly throughout the whole day even under full load.

My PC specs for your reference:

Ryzen 4650G

Asus B550 Prime-A Motherboard

Adata XPG 8GB Ram

Coolermaster 450W PSU

I also have a ten years old Core i3 PC on the same table, that works just fine, no such issues with it. So I don't think that the Humidity could be the main culprit here, but what do you guys think.

Any ideas & suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, SidStorm said:

First time it happened, I tried reseating the ram & that solved the issue for that day.

That means: The RAM could be the problem.

19 minutes ago, SidStorm said:

I tried using a hairdryer on the motherboard for a minute or so, that seemed to do the trick.

Well, what does the hairdryer do? It heats up your build. Most things expand when they heat up.

So maybe the problem is, that your RAM is connected badly and the hairdryer somehow expands the contacts so they are connected again. So take a look at the RAM and make sure, the contacts look good and clean. If you use a 2x RAM kit, you could try to use one and see if it works or which one of them is the problem.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

If using a hair dryer helped then try reflowing it with a heat gun or maybe the oven but I wouldn’t risk the oven

1 hour ago, SidStorm said:

Hey Guys.

I am facing a weird issue with my pc. since the last few days, my machine just won't power on in the morning but if I do manage to get it started, it works fine the whole day long, until the next morning when I power on again & also the internal clock is runs a few hours behind every time this phenomenon happens. First time it happened, I tried reseating the ram & that solved the issue for that day. The next day again with the same issue but this time nothing I did helped. I tried unplugging the power cable for the motherboard & CPU, I tried shorting the power switch pins on Motherboard, Nothing worked. Then, against by better judgment, I tried using a hairdryer on the motherboard for a minute or so, that seemed to do the trick. Since the last two days, my PC won't start in the mornings until I use the hairdryer and it works flawlessly throughout the whole day even under full load.

My PC specs for your reference:

Ryzen 4650G

Asus B550 Prime-A Motherboard

Adata XPG 8GB Ram

Coolermaster 450W PSU

I also have a ten years old Core i3 PC on the same table, that works just fine, no such issues with it. So I don't think that the Humidity could be the main culprit here, but what do you guys think.

Any ideas & suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

I'd replug all connectors (also psu side), reseat ram and gpu,

Maybe resocket cpu,

Change cmos battery, reset bios

(maybe change psu ?)

I'm willing to swim against the current.