Change the keybind to ctrl + enter from enter when in a text box in the polls section

RockSolid1106

So, if you have your cursor placed somewhere in a text-box field in the create poll section, and you hit enter, the post will be submitted. I wasn't expecting this. 

image.png.008cff7ea36fa9d92ae90e1b6be14ad2.png

I've tried this in a test post, and hitting Enter when your cursor is placed in the red-circled sections will submit your post.

I expected Enter to add a choice and not submit the post. This will increase the number of incomplete posts being posted.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

1 minute ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I've tried this in a test post, and hitting Enter when your cursor is placed in the red-circled sections will submit your post.

I expected Enter to add a choice and not submit the post. This will increase the number of incomplete posts being posted.

Press TAB to select the next object, which will be add choice. Then when add choice is selected press enter.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Enter, when not in a textarea, universally submits forms. That's not unique to this site. This is built-in browser functionality, and it would be inappropriate to change it, especially to something completely nonstandard and unintuitive like CTRL+Enter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

7 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Enter, when not in a textarea, universally submits forms. That's not unique to this site. This is built-in browser functionality, and it would be inappropriate to change it, especially to something completely nonstandard and unintuitive like CTRL+Enter.

But this isn't what happens with the content section of the post. This only happens for the text fields in the Polls section.

If your cursor is in the content section of your post, and you press ctrl + enter, you'll submit your post. Enter would introduce a new line, as expected. But it seems weird that this only happens in the Polls section.

Sorry if I am messing up the "Sections" and "text fields" and other terms, I really don't know what they really are called.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

32 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

But this isn't what happens with the content section of the post. This only happens for the text fields in the Polls section.

If your cursor is in the content section of your post, and you press ctrl + enter, you'll submit your post. Enter would introduce a new line, as expected. But it seems weird that this only happens in the Polls section.

Sorry if I am messing up the "Sections" and "text fields" and other terms, I really don't know what they really are called.

Polls are meant to be a single question per line. So there would never be a need for enter and thus enter would confirm you are done with the poll.

You should see a poll question field as a title field. Titles are only 1 line long and pressing enter would put you into the text you'll write.

A forum answer, content field,... is well just a text field and just like any text you can have paragraphs, enters, insertions of other kinds of media,... because well it's a text field.

Yes ctrl enter is what you use to place a inline enter in word and such so that might be confusing and in many other applications like chat apps that would place a enter instead of send the message but that is not a standard thing. More of a "huh neat feature let me steal that too" thing :p.

36 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Because the content section is a textarea. As I said, this behavior is disabled in textareas, because you need to be able to create new lines there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse