Do you have to credit music if you have an Epidemic Sound subscription?

Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,
30 minutes ago, SomeRandomNerd said:

Because I see that some creators do credit it and others don't.

You always credit someone else's work, it the proper and respectful thing to do.

30 minutes ago, SomeRandomNerd said:

Because I see that some creators do credit it and others don't.

You always credit someone else's work, it the proper and respectful thing to do.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

This is said in the support pages https://support.epidemicsound.com/s/article/how-should-i-credit-epidemic-sound-for-the-music-that-has-been-used-in-my-production 

Besides that, you are supposed to always credit any borrowed work. Music licencing included. Only if it's paid commission and you are the sole customer, you may have different agreement with the artist.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 year later...

I emailed them and Epidemic Sound Support said: 

It is not compulsory but our artists are fundamental to us. For that reason, we ask that you credit them in your videos, podcasts or streams.

Credit our artists by including the following information:
Artist's Name / Title of Music Pieces / courtesy of www.epidemicsound.com. 

So you don't have to credit Epidemic Sound or the music you get from them, but they do ask you to.

I also asked them if I could credit them in the ways below. The Epidemic Sound link that I have here is my own referral link that they call a "sharing link" that gives me some benefits. Make sure to use YOUR OWN sharing link which you can find if you have a subscription by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top right of their website, clicking Community and scrolling down a bit.

"Music provided by Epidemic Sound: https://share.epidemicsound.com/uws6p2
Artist - Title: link"

The "link" being the sharable link for each track. Or if I need to save on characters to fit everything I want to fit in the video description or I used a track that is no longer on Epidemic Sound for me to get a sharable link for, I credit it like this, without the sharable link for each track:

"Music provided by Epidemic Sound: https://share.epidemicsound.com/uws6p2

Artist - Title"

And they said:

Yes, that is absolutely fine like that :)

I hope this makes things more clear!