Need help in building my first pc with some gifted parts

MicahSan

Budget (including currency): $500 (flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Used primarily for remote learning, I own a ps5 and do most of my gaming through there so the most I would need to do is emulate/ play some mobas here and there but wouldn't mind running some games at a respectable 60 fps without worrying so much about 4k gaming. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So a bit of a story, was planning on building a PC in the future (year or so from now) but a buddy of mine practically gifted (sold at an absurdly low price all together $200) a CPU (i7 9700k) MOBO(Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro) Water cooler (ID-Cooling auraflow x 240 12v rgb aio cooler 240nm)and  Case (Thermaltake V250 atx midtower). Im obviously missing a power supply, ram, gpu, etc but thats why I came to the forum! for some help in these parts. (I'm ok with running my setup without a gpu installed until prices drop or until i get a good deal im mainly concerned with a working computer for class.) Thanks! 

would highly recommend a SEASONIC FOCUS GM PSU (of the appropriate wattage for your needs) mine has been absolutely bulletproof and gives excellent power delivery. its slightly more expensive, but if you have less than clean power, its absolutely worth the little bit extra. has provided clean power through brownouts on my system without missing a beat.

Ok

That case looks horrible for airflow, swap for a cheap rgb mesh case like forge 100r, montech x1, neo air, etc.

Ill just give a pcpartpicker to show you my reccomendations

RAM: 2x 8GB minimum, preferably 2x 16GB. More might help, depending on your use case.

PSU: min. 500W if you forego the GPU, min. 800W if you anticipate for a 3000 series nVidia card.

Airflow: set up front and rear fans as intake, exit on the top. You want the CPU-radiator on the top as well. Just leave a minimum of 8" clearance above the case for airflow/heat dissipation.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8M7QkX

Maybe something like this?

16gb cheap rgb ram cause this is clearly an rgb build

Silicon power a80 1tb for storage but you can get a mushkin pilot e 2tb if you wanna stretch your budget a little

Decent 850w

Case is pretty expensive but id say its still justifiable since this case has many extra benifits compared to a cheaper case like the forge 100r or montech x1, not to mention better build quality

Though if you feel like cheaping out on the case go for a montech x1 or forge 100r, and use the money to upgrade the storage

Fyi dont bother with an ultra fast ssd like the 980 pro since you dont have pcie gen4 and that extra speed isnt noticable unless you are regularly transferring massive files like 8k video

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8M7QkX

Maybe something like this?

16gb cheap rgb ram cause this is clearly an rgb build

Silicon power a80 1tb for storage but you can get a mushkin pilot e 2tb if you wanna stretch your budget a little

Decent 850w

Case is pretty expensive but id say its still justifiable since this case has many extra benifits compared to a cheaper case like the forge 100r or montech x1, not to mention better build quality

Though if you feel like cheaping out on the case go for a montech x1 or forge 100r, and use the money to upgrade the storage

Fyi dont bother with an ultra fast ssd like the 980 pro since you dont have pcie gen4 and that extra speed isnt noticable unless you are regularly transferring massive files like 8k video

ACTUALLY, RGB isn't a huge draw for me just performance 🙂

1 hour ago, MicahSan said:

ACTUALLY, RGB isn't a huge draw for me just performance 🙂

Oh

Well then swap the case for a neo silent and add 2 arctic p12 fans, decent looks, decent airflow, and some silence

Swap the ram for the non rgb variant at 68$

Tbh you are saving around 50-60$, a good chunk of money to be put somewhere else