Is my build compatible? Will everything work out?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nftz4d

I am basically future proofing and going above and beyond. I just want to know if these parts will all fit and work.

for the CPU cooler i plan to remove those fans and use those 3 rgb fans but im not sure if they fit or not?

should i use my AIO for exhaust or intake?

any advice?

The fans for your aio will work fine, they’re 120mm fans, you chose other 120mm fans, they function the same

Where you put your aio depends on how it’s configured airflow wise. Up front, intake, on top, exhaust.

if this is one of those cases where you can mount the AIO to the motherboard tray, have it intake from the empty side of the cause and exhaust into the component side of the case

as for the bios update warning, most off the shelf new motherboards will have the bios update preinstalled, but particularly in the case of MSI boards they have a bios flashing utility that doesn’t require a cpu to even be in the system if needed 

You’re kind of on the edge of “future proofing”, it’s extremely difficult to predict exactly where technology is going. There’s people right now who bought the 7700K and pascal Titan thinking it would be future proof.

Well, it’s capable. But consider a gen after Kaby lake came 6 core midrange processors and Ryzen.

And the pascal Titan xp is about equivalent to an RTX 3060 now.

So it still does fine, but it was never future proof. Since paying that much up front for the best consumer tier system meant there was no upgrade path beyond an entirely new platform.

I wouldn’t base your build around this concept, I would aim for a more conventional PC and upgrade some years down the line when something like a 5950x is a cheaper secondhand option for a cpu upgrade.

If that same person with the 7700K had bought an R5 1600x early on, they could be on a 3700x right now with their Titan XP and still have a very competent system with only a single upgrade.

But as mentioned, that’s hard to predict.

57 minutes ago, unseenblade said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nftz4d

I am basically future proofing and going above and beyond. I just want to know if these parts will all fit and work.

for the CPU cooler i plan to remove those fans and use those 3 rgb fans but im not sure if they fit or not?

should i use my AIO for exhaust or intake?

any advice?

Incredibly overpriced and/or uneccesary aio, ram, case fans, board, ssd

6.5/10

Atleast you have max spec on your cpu and almost max spec on the gpu so i dont give a 6/10

Btw are you gonna overclock?

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

The fans for your aio will work fine, they’re 120mm fans, you chose other 120mm fans, they function the same

Where you put your aio depends on how it’s configured airflow wise. Up front, intake, on top, exhaust.

if this is one of those cases where you can mount the AIO to the motherboard tray, have it intake from the empty side of the cause and exhaust into the component side of the case

as for the bios update warning, most off the shelf new motherboards will have the bios update preinstalled, but particularly in the case of MSI boards they have a bios flashing utility that doesn’t require a cpu to even be in the system if needed 

You’re kind of on the edge of “future proofing”, it’s extremely difficult to predict exactly where technology is going. There’s people right now who bought the 7700K and pascal Titan thinking it would be future proof.

Well, it’s capable. But consider a gen after Kaby lake came 6 core midrange processors and Ryzen.

And the pascal Titan xp is about equivalent to an RTX 3060 now.

So it still does fine, but it was never future proof. Since paying that much up front for the best consumer tier system meant there was no upgrade path beyond an entirely new platform.

I wouldn’t base your build around this concept, I would aim for a more conventional PC and upgrade some years down the line when something like a 5950x is a cheaper secondhand option for a cpu upgrade.

If that same person with the 7700K had bought an R5 1600x early on, they could be on a 3700x right now with their Titan XP and still have a very competent system with only a single upgrade.

But as mentioned, that’s hard to predict.

ive had the 1070 since 2016 and wanted to go all out on a PC by getting the best possible specs. i already have the 5950x and 3080ti. im sure ill be able to keep my system longer than 5 years. i play competitively and want the least amount of input lag by having more frames and some games i want o be able to run ultra settings without my frames dipping / struggling.

even if im not future proofing im assuming this PC will remain extremely good for  several more years than my current build.

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Incredibly overpriced and/or uneccesary aio, ram, case fans, board, ssd

6.5/10

Atleast you have max spec on your cpu and almost max spec on the gpu so i dont give a 6/10

Btw are you gonna overclock?

i want the AIO because i can use custom image on tehre. i want my PC to look good as well. the ram i chose because i wanted at least 3600mhz cl16 32gb total and RGB
case fans i like the RGB on them and they spin pretty quick.

SSD: probably over kill as ik games dont use those speeds just yet but it would be great for my OS and for the future

im planning to overclock gpu / cpu im not 100% sure on ram as i have no idea how to do it

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZCR7Vc

Tbh its not a good time to futureproof a pc when amd and intel are gonna jump platform and jump to ddr5, leaving you with no upgrade options other than gpu and storage

hmm maybe im using the futureproof word wrong.

what i mean by future proof is that i dont need ot upgrade my PC at all for several years and id be able to run games at max quality and get insane amount of frames on every game.

i have a 1070 right now and im struggling a bit. i can for sure play any game with my 1070 but i cant even maintain 144 frames on a bunch of games even at the lowest quality possible

1 hour ago, unseenblade said:

i want the AIO because i can use custom image on tehre. i want my PC to look good as well. the ram i chose because i wanted at least 3600mhz cl16 32gb total and RGB
case fans i like the RGB on them and they spin pretty quick

Paying over 100$ just for some shitty tiny ass display on the cpu block that youll never see most of the time? Nah

Rgb on the fans as long as you dont overpay for them is still reasonable

You can just overclock your ram to 3600, if you arent gonna do any oberclocking at all then no need for the excessive board and aio

Bloody hell soending abit of money on asthetics is fine but spending like 300$+ is just unreasonable asf, aka a massive waste of money that can be put to something else, maybe something other than your pc maybe upgrade the monitor or do some house improvements etc

Much much better ways to spend money and overspending on asthetics is a horrible way of spending/wasting your money

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Paying over 100$ just for some shitty tiny ass display on the cpu block that youll never see most of the time? Nah

Rgb on the fans as long as you dont overpay for them is still reasonable

You can just overclock your ram to 3600, if you arent gonna do any oberclocking at all then no need for the excessive board and aio

Bloody hell soending abit of money on asthetics is fine but spending like 300$+ is just unreasonable asf, aka a massive waste of money that can be put to something else, maybe something other than your pc maybe upgrade the monitor or do some house improvements etc

Much much better ways to spend money and overspending on asthetics is a horrible way of spending/wasting your money

well i want my PC to look good and I am going to see it because it's going to be on top.
well the fans are also good and spin fast and rgb is nice. i would get teh corsair ones but the black ones are only 1500rpm and the white ones are 2200rpm. i dont want white fans.

like i said i want the aio because it looks much better than a giant air cooler
board is ight.

i bought my current PC for performance > looks and now im going for both performance and looks. whats the problem with that? it's my money that i worked for that i saved. its what makes me happy and thats all that matters to me.

the whole point of this post is for me to ask if ill be okay when i order all the aprts. i dont want to order everything and be like oh im missing X port on Y thing. i dont know i just want it to work when i get all my parts.

and im not getting mobo for looks i like what it offers. it has a single 2.5gbps internet port and three m2s and the other extra stuff.

Just now, unseenblade said:

well i want my PC to look good and I am going to see it because it's going to be on top.
well the fans are also good and spin fast and rgb is nice. i would get teh corsair ones but the black ones are only 1500rpm and the white ones are 2200rpm. i dont want white fans.

like i said i want the aio because it looks much better than a giant air cooler
board is ight.

i bought my current PC for performance > looks and now im going for both performance and looks. whats the problem with that? it's my money that i worked for that i saved. its what makes me happy and thats all that matters to me.

the whole point of this post is for me to ask if ill be okay when i order all the aprts. i dont want to order everything and be like oh im missing X port on Y thing. i dont know i just want it to work when i get all my parts.

and im not getting mobo for looks i like what it offers. it has a single 2.5gbps internet port and three m2s and the other extra stuff.

Well ok i guess ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ but try using a few alternatives that still look good but cut cost a little, who knows maybe you could use the extra money incase something happens cause you never know what the future is gonna hold

But tbh just build it later once intel and amd jump platform since you will be stuck on this platform with ddr4 and no upgrade path alr

If you want futureproof, wait awhile till the new platforms release

Cause dumping this much money on something that is already gonna have no upgrade path is not a good idea

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well ok i guess ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ but try using a few alternatives that still look good but cut cost a little, who knows maybe you could use the extra money incase something happens cause you never know what the future is gonna hold

But tbh just build it later once intel and amd jump platform since you will be stuck on this platform with ddr4 and no upgrade path alr

If you want futureproof, wait awhile till the new platforms release

Cause dumping this much money on something that is already gonna have no upgrade path is not a good idea

no point in my getting ddr5. thats goingf to be way too expensive.

the whole point of this PC is to have a very good computer that will last me several years.
this PC is going to do that. i dont need ddr5 i dont care about it

20 minutes ago, unseenblade said:

no point in my getting ddr5. thats goingf to be way too expensive.

the whole point of this PC is to have a very good computer that will last me several years.
this PC is going to do that. i dont need ddr5 i dont care about it

But then you wont have any other cpus to upgrade to

But i guess if you are gonna go with a system like this id say itll last you around 5-7 years

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

But then you wont have any other cpus to upgrade to

But i guess if you are gonna go with a system like this id say itll last you around 5-7 years

i most likely won't need to upgrade my PC in forever.

7 hours ago, unseenblade said:

i most likely won't need to upgrade my PC in forever.

You could try 10 years

Though look at how intel x58 aged, looking at those 6 core i7 and xeons

With abit of overclocking its still a decent platform but it still pales in comparison to a newer intel or amd cpu

Not to mention it doesnt support some instruction sets or whatever that some games need so some newer games might not even run on it

Ik cpus have stagnated quite abit but consider all those new instruction sets and sht that newer programs in the future might need

It looks powerful now but 10 years and this is gonna be prettty weak atleast in single core, it does still have 16 cores so multicore should fare abit better

Not to mention amd doesnt gain much from ocing so unless you have a waterchiller or something you arent gonna be able to oc enough to make a difference