Static pressure fans VS Airflow fans.

MrJoe
Go to solution Solved by narrdarr,

static pressure fans are designed to move air through or around objects. such as radiators, filters,hdd cages,and more. 

airflow focused fans are designed to move a larger volume of air. which is great if theres no obstructions. 

back in the day you kinda had to choose. now days any decent fan are fairly well balanced between noise, static pressure, and airflow 

fyi the fans you've chosen are not that good.

the stock fans are better. and if you want a solid cheap fans to replace or add. just get some arctic p12/p14 argb

So. I'm planning to use the Lian Li Lancool 215 but i will change the fans so. Here is the question, what fans should i use? And what is the difference on static pressure fans VS airflow?

For reference i will use the Antec Prizm ARGB fans for Static Pressure and for airflow I'm gonna use the UpHere NK1207-5

Hope you guys can help me with this one.

As far as I know there isn't really a major difference. I generally just recommend people to buy static pressure fans because are more versatile in the sense that you can use them both as a case fan and heatsink fan. Sure, airflow fans can do the same but they are not optimized for static pressure which is better for heatsinks.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All else aside, optimizing for static pressure will generally be worse for airflow and vice-versa. The best fan should have enough static pressure for where it's being used for as much effective airflow as possible. That being said, some fans can just have better motors or bearings that outweigh the arbitrary label of being designed for static pressure vs. airflow. 

Why are you planning to change the fans?

The Antec fans have shorter fan blades due to the extra lighting ring which decreases performance compared to longer blades. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

static pressure fans are designed to move air through or around objects. such as radiators, filters,hdd cages,and more. 

airflow focused fans are designed to move a larger volume of air. which is great if theres no obstructions. 

back in the day you kinda had to choose. now days any decent fan are fairly well balanced between noise, static pressure, and airflow 

fyi the fans you've chosen are not that good.

the stock fans are better. and if you want a solid cheap fans to replace or add. just get some arctic p12/p14 argb

So now that i've read everything, i have 2 options. The arctic bionix p argb or the arctic p12 argb (or the non-argb version)

58 minutes ago, MrJoe said:

So now that i've read everything, i have 2 options. The arctic bionix p argb or the arctic p12 argb (or the non-argb version)

same fan just different style. pick whatever style you like.