Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H100i RGB PRO XT issues after firmware update

Hi! I updated the firmware of my water cooler to the latest version (1.01.32). Now i'm having some issues when i power my pc up. Before the update, the rgb lights of the pump appeared after 1 second, now it tooks 5 to 10 seconds to light up. Also, i'm having some kinda flushing noise that i didn't have before. I'm sure is related to this firmware. The thing is i need an older one or the one that came with the H100i. Does anyone has a .hex file
Thanks in advance!!!

Have you tried reflashing first?

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

1 minute ago, cacoe said:

Have you tried reflashing first?

Hi! Yes, i did. No luck! It happened to a friend of mine with a H115i too.

Just now, Leoplate25 said:

Hi! Yes, i did. No luck! It happened to a friend of mine with a H115i too.

I happen to have the same cooler so I'm definitely avoiding this. As far as I can see the only way to do anything with firmware is via icue, you might have to contact Corsair direct to downgrade.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

3 minutes ago, cacoe said:

I happen to have the same cooler so I'm definitely avoiding this. As far as I can see the only way to do anything with firmware is via icue, you might have to contact Corsair direct to downgrade.

I contacted them, but they are a pain in the a**. You can update or downgrade in safe mode with a .hex file.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/166021-corsair-icue-h150i-rgb-pro-xt-firmware-update-fail/?tab=comments#comment-975457

(SOLVED!) I finally managed to unbrick my Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT !!!

It bricked during firmware update via iCue. RGB turned off and fans went full throttle and iCue lost contact with AIO.

I'm gona give you the steps I followed and will hope that this will save someone lots of time and problems.

Start with a check that you are running the lastes iCue app version, if not install the latest then continue with the steps below:

1. Download the H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31 firmware file from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmslc6o3ggzfpqy/CUEVQIupN3b6a9964-aaea-44be-968a-1c88e1fa4dba_temp_H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31.hex/file

(Rename it ti something shorter like: H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31.hex)

2. Restart Windows 10 in safe mode (Safe Mode: Shift + Restart in Windows, Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Restart > F4 = Safe Mode without network).

3. Make sure none of the Corsair processes started, open Task Manager with CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check and End Task if they are running.

4. Go to Services (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Taskmanager) -> Services -> Open Services at the bottom) and STOP/DISABLE the Corsair Services.

(3 of them total, you will need to enable them again after firmware is updated and you rebooted out of Safe Mode, then reboot again after that)

5. Go to Corsair installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\ , on my machine) and locate the following application (DO NOT OPEN IT OR RUN IT!) XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE.

6. DRAG AND DROP the .hex file from step 1 over the XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE. The app should now connect to the bootloader, and force the firmware upgrade in a CMD window.

When the flash is done the RGB will light up instantly and the fans will go to quiet mode. If you get an error during first time, do not panic! Try again,

sometimes it can take up to 3-4 attempts to get it to flash all the way.

7. Reboot into normal Windows mode and enable (automatic) all 3 services for Corsair app, then reboot again and check iCue if it can connect to AIO.

ALSO, when you want to upgrade the firmware via iCue (very risky), do it in safe mode!

Some processes interfere with the connection between the AIO and iCue (HWInfo, Steam, Logitech control app and so on)

Good luck! 🙂

This is only from June so should hopefully work fine.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/165611-corsair-h100i-rgb-pro-xt-1132-firmware-file/

Crap, my bad, read as 150, probably a bias in my brain from seeing it so much having one.

Does that one work?

18 minutes ago, DarthBudgie said:

no problems with my h100i

Good! 🙂 Do you have an older firmware to share?

1 minute ago, DarthBudgie said:

image.png.54bf316fa40c92e3ef93f2d7f3b44962.png

Can i ask you for a favor? Could you do a cold start of your PC, showing me how the H100i pump behaves (lighting and sound)? Maybe i'm being a little paranoic. Thanks in advance.

my pump is quiet at first

and as the pc warms up it gets louder and i think thats the way its suppose to be

1 minute ago, DarthBudgie said:

my pump is quiet at first

and as the pc warms up it gets louder and i think thats the way its suppose to be

When you do a cold boot; what is the delay of the RGB lights to turn on?